Weird Word Bug

powermac

iMac Dual 2.0 17'
I imported a file from Appleworks to Word. The page I had typed in Appleworks displayed in Word, the spell check did not recognize the page. Additionally, when I completed the document, the page I did in Appleworks did not print. Weird.

:mad:

Couple questions:

1. Is this a page you'd be willing to share? If I can play with it, maybe I can get it to print.

2. Is it in ALL CAPS? Word, by default, won't check words in all caps.

Just a couple ideas.

Doug

I am a psychologist, and the information is confidential. In any other circumstance I would.

Originally posted by powermac
I imported a file from Appleworks to Word. The page I had typed in Appleworks displayed in Word, the spell check did not recognize the page. Additionally, when I completed the document, the page I did in Appleworks did not print. Weird.

:mad:

Try this no matter how weird may sound...
-Open your "damaged" document
-Select Everything
-Click Copy
-Create new empty document
-Click Paste

Is your document back in life?

Also, try this:
-Save the document in other formatting/type/format but...
-with a new name and be careful not to erase the old one or overwrite it...
-Close the document
-Try to open it either in AppleWorks again or Word

Finally, just to be on the safe side:
-Locate the folder Microsoft inside your /UserName/Home/Library/Preferences and erase it

You will lose all preferences and stuff about the Office apps but it may fix your problem if the above things will not be of any help... Still, if the previous things fail, try them after this final step... :rolleyes:

I hope that all this isn't :confused: for you and it will also make you feel :D and bring the :) back at your face! ;)

I had the same problem. After trying, trying and trying (new document, print as pdf, fonts, reinstall word, print center repair and so on) I'm going to build these documents new. I copy-paste the text into textwrangler or textedit and move them into word. now it runs, but I'm not very amused about the microsoft-shit.
it's typical for this software-company.

waiting for the new "apple works". hope, this application will be much faster than keynote...

I did what you suggested, did a little formating and got it done. I agree, I can't wait for Apple to upgrade Apple works. I wish Lotus (IBM) would port their suite over to the MAC. I love Macs been using them for 19 years. Although, a good suite is really needed.

Back