Weirdest Thing I've Ever Seen~!~!~!~

JohnnyV

Registered
AHHHH!!! THE FINDER IS TAKING OVER THE EARTH!!! Actually whenever I try to login on my admin account (for our iMac set up for multi-users) the finder starts cloning itself!! I'm just stuck at the Loging in screen (with your name and the progress bar). So I hit command-option-escape and there are like 25 finders open/ing. Force quitting them does nothing!! Help please!! I've never seen anything like this before and I NEED to get to my files:mad: !!

Please any help:confused:

Wow, what a bunch of bad advice from the MacAddict forums. Only RAVasquez had something intelligent to add. I'd agree with him, this doesn't happen with other users - has someone made clones of your finder in the startup items, or like kilowatt said, what's your users's login script running?

Do you by any chance install a theme? I had a runaway Finder-spawning problem after installing one theme on top of another. Had to do a reinstallation of OS X to cure it.

Nope, not themes, I love aqua. Kilo I tried what you said in the IRC room, but it still keeps spawning itself over and over. The thing I don't understand, is why I can log into the other accounts, but not the admin!!

:mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

Apple this is the first major problem I have had in ten years of using macs!! What is going on!?!

Got the problem under control for now. I created another admin account (under root) and deleted the old old. Everything seems to be functioning fine, just gotta restore all my files.:rolleyes:

Your idea to create a new root user was a good idea.
Deleteing the old one was not needed. You could have logged in with your new master account rescued your files and then trashed the old root / admin.

you may even have been able to fix the problem...

Cheers

I did not create a new root account, just another admin account. I logged into the new admin account and copied all my files from the old account into my new one, then deleted my old account:cool:

Back