Well, Apple beat me. I gave up the fight.

Lombard I heaR your anger..

Let me try and cheer u up.

Now u have more power to the video card, you have cd/dvd/cdr features, ibooks look nicer (i think so), TV out, 500/600 mhz cpu, faster bus, cheaper ram, bigger HD, a new friend, and time to change your name...

Hope that cheered u up.

i guess it just takes someone from down under to look at it backwards and correctly say what i was trying to in my original reply!! very eloquent for a bushman:p it would have been very eloquent for a michelobe man as well.:D

(scope -when placing a bet it is very important to clarrify whom you are betting for or against. I know simx and i seem to be challenging our psychic powers, but neither of us is that good)

see, that's us dam yanks. always making assumptions about a world we know little about:D your's is still the best reply post in the whole thread!! bar none. I will definitly keep an out for your posts in the future.:cool:

Wow, my little rant is gonna end up costing someone $5 whole dollars?! To the loser of the bet....maybe you can get yourself a second job dusting off all the products in Apple's booth to make some extra cash.:D

Anyway, I am excited to be getting a new laptop, I'm just kinda ticked Apple ended up forcing my hand, so to speak. I was really hoping to make it until August or September to save up the cash. If it weren't for the 6 months interest free financing Apple's offering, I'd really be ticked.

And about your $200 offer scope, I'll make you a deal. If I can't get more than that off someone on eBay, I promise I'll back out of the deal and sell it to your for $150.;)

oh. scope was making an offer on the old mac-chine. you sure? sounds as ridiculously low for an offer as it does ridiculously high for a bet:D

so lombard, what's the new name going to be? surely not 'ibook' i assuem:p

Originally posted by Jorace
They still work Just as well if not better than the day you forked out the money for them.

That is the whole point - they don't work particularly well. If you bought a computer, with certain hardware included by Apple then you surely have some right to expect it to continue working when the release an OS that is supposed to support that computer.

Those with the oldest systems should be the most gratfull for this, as you will be the first to reap the true rewards, as you are the ones that will be getting new systems the soonest...

In 3-4 years from now, we will all have new G4 and G5 systems.. and all will be good.

That is the most idiotic thing I have heard all week. Wow, I paid $3000 for my computer only three years ago, and now it doesn't work properly. Boy am I grateful to Apple for forcing me to fork out thousands more dollars if I want acceptable performance.

Newsflash for you: We're not all bloody rich spoiled American consumerist twits in this world. Some of us have these things called budgets, which limit us somewhat in what we buy. Others are reluctant to buy new computers every two years because they know what sort of toxic chemicals are involved in making computers, and don't like the idea of throwing ten pounds of lead in a landfill quite so often.

Start the bid at 50¢ and make the time as short as possible. You don realize how desperate I am to get a Mac laptop. ANY laptop. If I were to meet you in person, I would do unspeakable things for you and then pay you $200 for the computer. I'd offer more, but $200 is all I got. Actualy...$180, but $200 in a day or two. PLEASE! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Did I mention I love you? I do, ya know....;)

hey... if it's on ebay, what is the link... i just wanna see it... even if it's expired...

maybe i'll buy it if it's not expired yet!

I haven't managed to post it yet. Still on vacation.

Should be up by the end of next week.....perfect timing. I'm sure Apple will announce something that'll lower the value of it. Just my luck.:D

Back