What Apple device are you planning to buy?

What Apple device/computer are you planning to buy in the close future?

• iPod

• iMac

• iBook

• Powermac G4

• Powerbook G4

• iWalk (haha)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would have bought an iWalk :p (what a stupid name :p)

In the near future, nothing from apple.
IN 2 years (or so) an new power mac (top of the line kickass machine it will be ;) )....

I just spend $$ to get an ericcson T68 and an iPaq H3870 ... Getting gadgets after midterm exams is just damn cool :)

Admiral

While the iBook is really tempting, I really don't have the need for a portable right now. The next machine I will by will be a PowerMac. Not of the current generation, of course, but whatever the next revision.

Definite musts:
dual (or quad :drool: ) processors.
DVD-R, I'm waiting for Final Cut Pro to go X, and then I'll be doing some serious video editing.

really, really, really, really want a cinema display. :D

We'll see what the Cupertino boys bring to the table in January!

FaRuvius

I am saving money now for the next powermac I buy :D

DVD-R, Multiprocessor G5 (or G4) ass kicking (AK) model, great graphics card, and of course a cinematic ;-)

I was going to buy that first but no sense in hooking it up to my "aging" G3 B&W now ;)

In any case I bought an iPaq cause with M$ pocketPC OS you get the ability to connect to the internet with a cell phone via Ir or Bluetooth,, units are very expandable, and the writing recognition seems comprable to the newton's.

I hate graffiti :p

Admiral

Yes, but Palm OS can connect via IR/bluetooth, too (bluetooth with expansion module), and the visors has a PCMCIA (or Springboard) card slot, too.
But I'm sure your iPaq is cool, I'm just very anti-micro$oft and anti-compaq... ;)

Saving money for a Powermac, I too, my old 400 MHz G3 upgraded Powermac 8600 starts getting a little old :(
A G5/1 GHz would be my dream mac ;)

Yes, a new desktop computer would be in line for you ;)

I heard that the palm can do networking but its built to only handle dialup networking as a standard. Sure it has Ir but bluetooth is an add on,on the iPaq its built in (at least for the model I have).

I am against stuff that is not functional, it seems like PocketPC OS is functional. It has a lot of built in stuff, it is expandable and just...well.. NO GRAFFITI :p I will soon find out, in 2 weeks I will do a review for it ;)

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Yes, a new desktop computer would be in line for you

I heard that the palm can do networking but its built to only handle dialup networking as a standard. Sure it has Ir but bluetooth is an add on,on the iPaq its built in (at least for the model I have).

I am against stuff that is not functional, it seems like PocketPC OS is functional. It has a lot of built in stuff, it is expandable and just...well.. NO GRAFFITI I will soon find out, in 2 weeks I will do a review for it

Get a Visor Treo, they have built in phone and KEYBOARD! 399 $! (I'd rather buy a Treo than an iPod!) ;)
I bought a Stowaway keyboard for my Visor Deluxe, and I really love it! A full size keyboard in my pocket! :)

Back