What are must have online titles?

qwikstreet

OS X Friendly
What games are in your top 5 for internet play? This can even include soon to be released in the near future (3 months).

Must they be for Mac?

I'd have to say Battlefield: 1942 and Starcraft Brood War are the 2 for me (haven't played SCBW in a long time, though).

MP in Elite Force is really fun with disentegration turned on in a capture the flag arena,

Also Jedi Knight can be good using forces powers and the lightsaber, even though some PC users are unbelievably good and play nonstop

Two of the best Online MP games on the Mac, at the moment, are:

1. Medal of Honor (both Allied Assualt and Spearhead)
2. Jedi Knight II:Outcast

Of course, soon as Unreal Tournament 2003 hits the stores... enough said.

Roll on June 11th (release date)

I got tired of D2:LOD once I beat Baal on Normal. It just didn't hold anything for me anymore... I got bored with it and moved on to more active games (MOH:AA and BF42). Of course, these are the games I play at the Nexus; at home I used to play SCBW until the drive died, now I do this forum all the time.

if you want to get off the beaten path and can take a game without graphics - try out medievia, it is an incredible text based game. it's deep and has quite a large player base. cantrip is the outstanding client for mac, although there are some really good terminal based apps.

Originally posted by arden
I got tired of D2:LOD once I beat Baal on Normal. It just didn't hold anything for me anymore... I got bored with it and moved on to more active games...

Yeah, I know what you mean...hehe:p It's fun but can get old rather fast.

All D2 is is finding newer, better items and character improvement. There's absolutely nothing else to it.

my fav online games would be:
starcraft (a classic!)
medal of honor (allied assult, spearhead)
SOF 2
Jedi knight 2
and warcraft 3 (if it ran better, lol)

Diablo 2 for sure. Finding new weapons and armor and such is what the fun is all about. It's not about beating the game. It's about molding a character into the absolute best and most equipped they can be.

Starcraft lovers: What are your favorite types of maps? I like the Evolves/Simpsons type of map and the defense types of maps the best (though that's not all).

I like the Evolves/Simpsons type of map and the defense types of maps the best

I don't think I've ever heard of these types of SC maps ("Evolves" and "Simpsons"???) or are you referring to specific map names? Where can I check 'em out?

These are specific maps, even though there are practically a million variations of each. They are the type with a base, sometimes a floating mobile base, and the creation of new units at 1 second intervals. After a certain number of kills, the kind of unit produced (it's automatic) is upgraded to something (usually) better. Also, you usually have a mass attacker that sends all your troops to someone else's base. They're pretty fun, and the tide can turn in the blink of an eye.

Back