What did the Wireless Keyboard mean?

artov

Registered
I bought Apple's Wireless Keyboard last Saturday. When I set it up, funny thing happed: The installation guide told to start first the keyboard and then the Mac (Macbook Pro). Then Mac was supposed to start setup screen, but nothing happended. I noticed that I had turned Bluetooth off. I turned it on, and tried the setup (Bluetooth/Keyboard) by hand. I entered the needed numbers, but nothing happened.

I tried again, turned the keyboard on and off, and in one case, the keyboard asked the Mac to enter the numbers: I got a dialog where I was suppoced to enter the pairing numbers. I looked my Wireless Keyboard, but then decided that since the keyboard asked the numbers, the Mac should give them. So I used the Mac's keyboard, but then it occurred to me: what numbers should I give? Since there was no dialog on the keyboard (or any displays for that matter), the numbers were invented by the keyboard itself..

Ok, finally I managed the pairing: in addition to the numbers the setup showed, I should also press the Return-key.

Back