What do you do for a living?

What do you do for a living?

• Graphic or web design

• Computing professional (sys admin or developer)

• Other professional

• Hard working man

• Student

• Between jobs (damn economy!!!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
High School was as far as this student went. I would like to go to college, and anyone in high school who feels "I'll just take a year off" should rethink it... It's very difficult to get back into the swing. Enough of the daddy dearest speech though...

Running a 10 mac 3 PC network for a non-profit in NYC. While I've done such fun job descriptions as Pool Equipment Mechanic, Web Designer, and heavy machine mechanic it never fails that I end up fixing Macs all over again. It was my first job, and seems to have some staying power.

I also work at a Rennaisance festival on the weekends in late summer making fun of people so that they'll play my game... Someone is always willing to be seperated from $2...

Originally posted by twyg
High School was as far as this student went. I would like to go to college, and anyone in high school who feels "I'll just take a year off" should rethink it... It's very difficult to get back into the swing

You might consider night school. I kept plugging away for 7 years and got two bs degrees. After another 1.5 years of school (and a two year break) now I'm 60% through my masters degree.

My classes are filled with people like us. Guys that didn't go the normal route of full time day school but still had the desire to go to school.

What you want is out there, go get it baby.

My wish... being happy
I'm always in the house
I have received an other job that I tought
I find informatics not as important
than being the sun

Got me a CS phd, cause I'm a teenage lobotomy.

I do research in computer graphics / medical visualization. Basically how to use 3-d graphics for medical imaging & surgical planning.

The cool thing about OS X is now I can do all my work on one system. Before I'd use big SGI's for hacking and Macs for writing & presentations. Now I can compile and run my code on my mac, because of it's Unix w/ OpenGL.

Of course there are things that a way expensive SGI can do, than no PC can approach.

dave

Back