What happened to my HD????

Qion

Uber Nothing
I was running iDefrag in target disk mode with my two eMacs,(defragging the target's HD) and all of a sudden, I get an error message saying "iDefrag has unexpectedly quit". iDefrag stays open, but it is not responsive, so I force quit it. I rebooted my target eMac, only to get a never-ending spinning load up wheel.(not the beachball) I start the target eMac in TDM once again, and my HD is gone! It's just freaking not there! I back up all of my work, but if this HD is missing, then all of my apps are gone. This is not good. Can you guys save me?

EDIT: Passwords are gone too, come to think of it.

Ohhhhk. I figured this one out. I had to boot my Mac with the Tiger Installation CD, run disk utility, repair disk, repair permissions, open startup disk, and manually select my HD again. I will NEVER use iDefrag again.

Qion said:
Ohhhhk. I figured this one out. I had to boot my Mac with the Tiger Installation CD, run disk utility, repair disk, repair permissions, open startup disk, and manually select my HD again. I will NEVER use iDefrag again.

Whew. Glad you figured that one out. I was going to suggestion something similar. Be careful with defragmenting--it can be a nightmarish experience, as you found out the hard way!

Glad everything is OK now. :)

Back