what happened to my iTunes library?

Izzy

luv my lil' malteaser
OK...something weird just happened.

I opened up iTunes as usual, and when I did, my entire library of over 4 gigs was completely empty. I haven't moved any files or directories and can't understand how this could have happened.

Now when I look in my HD I see I have 4 more gigs of available space and it seems as if my entire library has been erased. What gives? Is there any way to recover or am I going to have to import all of my CD's again?

Talk about frustrating and disheartening, it took me a long while to get my collection in my powerbook

The window has even gone back to the default size and the preinstalled apple smart playlists are back (60's music, my top rated, recently played, top 25 most played)...it's like iTunes just reverted back to it's original state...

I have no idea what is going on here...

There are no kids in this house and no one has been messing with my computer...

I just checked my music folder and the iTunes library shows today as it's creation date! It's like iTunes just "decided" to erase my whole library and start a new one...

I'm guessing that music has been lost now, but I'm hoping to find out what happened (or what could have happened) so it can be avoided if and when I finally get around to importing all of my music again...

Back