What happenned to "view new threads"?

It is the second from the left of the generic "vb" buttons at the top of each forum page

until scott gets everything figured out, you might find having your status bars inabled to be helpful.

what bothers me this that view new posts no longer updates with a page refresh. this is one of my major pet peeves with a certainother forum software. now vb is doing it. blah.

No refresh may also be because of Safari, ed.

I was wondering where's the view new as well. Got to update the bookmark ... ;)

it was working fine in safari before. it's the only browser i've used to visit this site for most of the last year.

it is also consistently giving me a problem i occassionally had before - giving me a cached view from several hours back instead of the most recent when i use the back button. before i simply reloaded and it worked fine. now i can't reload and it does it every time!!

You can't simply refresh the results page to get new threads without getting rid of the old ones? CRAP! That's going to mess with my surfing...

Sogni said:
Well that's just silly...
Took me a good five minutes to find it before I gave up. :confused: :rolleyes:

glad it wasn't just me...

I spent 5 10 minutes and thought I must be going mad...

I do like the new look, but I can't find my way round yet!

None of what I was used to works any more...

:confused:

I too, like the new site design, in general. Thank God the button situation will be fixed soon, though. I too, took five minutes to search for it, then just gave up, 'til I found this thread.

well, i'm not having problems with the back button in icab. so what do we need to change in our safari settings to fix this issue? one thing i've noticed is that it recalls an older search id when using the back button. i have tried with back/forward cache enabled and disabled with no idifferences.

I had that problem, Ed, once. I think it is a cache problem, try refreshing the page while holding down the option key.

that doesn't seem to do anything dlloyd. i agree, it must be some sort of cache issue, but what puzzles me most is that it didn't occur before the update. so it must have to do with the way vb handles it as well as safari's prefs.

edX said:
that doesn't seem to do anything dlloyd. i agree, it must be some sort of cache issue, but what puzzles me most is that it didn't occur before the update. so it must have to do with the way vb handles it as well as safari's prefs.

I've had it happen before with the old version of Vb, and Safari.
I click back and there's an old version of the page that shows up.

Also, I don't know if maybe it's just my computer being slow but the site seems slower now since changing to the new design. This isn't the bandwidth issue Scott posted about because it happens all the time.

ok, you're right and i even said so earlier. it would occasionally do this before - but not everytime and not after reloading the page. now it is a consistent, replicatable behavior. i even opened the view new threads in a new window and that window behaved just like the first.

dlloyd said:
I had that problem, Ed, once. I think it is a cache problem, try refreshing the page while holding down the option key.

I did a clean install of Panther and when i visited this site there were no words to indicate 'view new threads'

Doesn't show up in new safari, old safari, after cache clears, mozilla, firebird, or IE.

PS. is it option or shift to force refresh a page?

twister - that's what this thread started with. try the second little button to right of your 'welcome' box at the top of each page.

Back