What if Windows run on Mac natively?

What about starting a petition telling MS+Apple to give us Windows on Mac natively?

• Yes, I would like to have Windows on Mac...

• Yes, I would like to have Mac OS X on Intel/Amd...

• No way! The only Windows I want on my Mac is that photo of our house!

• No way! The Wintel platform does NOT deserve ANY Apple products! iPod and QT is more than enough...

• It would be better if Connectix made VirtualPC support 3D graphics with added speed too!

• Don't care at all... I lost my time (AGAIN!!!) reading another post of yours!

Results are only viewable after voting.

hulkaros

The Incredible...
With all this negative wave towards Apple, especially after MWNY, what would you say about this: Start a petition in which we will ask both Apple and Microsoft if they would like Windows to exist on the Mac side of the Force and if so why they do not go ahead and actually make it so!

For those who don't know, MS actually used to have Windows NT for multiple platforms (be it CISC or RISC one --P4 is CISC, G4 is RISC) up until NT 4.0! They stopped supporting RISC computers because they didn't find such a market viable or so they said ;)

However, we now live in the Information Age and user opinions can be heard far more easily even to those deaf ears of stubborn companies ;) Also, one important member of MS, which his name I don't recall, actually stated that he really likes Apple hardware and if only they could run Windows and its apps then most of the people at MS would buy TiBooks and PowerMacs faster than Apple could supply them!!!

I think that this is the problem of maybe 99% users out there who do not buy Macs because they do not run Windows and its apps natively...

So, what do you say? Would you like to start such a petition?

PS. Personally I prefer EASILY ANY DAY Mac OS X, its apps and in general the Mac platform as is, no questions asked :D but from what I hear and see in the real world or even in this very forum, maybe running Windows on a TiBook would make sense for MANY people out there!

I like that idea, xaq. :D
As for actually running Windoze on my Mac, no thanks. It's a nightmare of sloppy code and half-@ssed patches.

Personally, I don't want windows on my Mac. I bought a Mac to use the OS and the apps, not to look at the hardware...

The only bitch that I have about VirtualPC is that it is its own little separate world. I'd like to have the option of running VPC in "rootless" mode so I could run Windows apps in the same way I run X11 apps via XDarwin.

yeah, that would be cool. I was thinking the same thing :) :cool:

btw, Microsoft and Apple would never go for porting Windows to Mac. It won't happen.

...that Windows used to exist (in their old NT incarnation) even on Mac hardware (PowerPC based)!

On the other hand, Mac OS never existed in the Dark Side (other than NextStep that is) so maybe technicaly a Windows port to the Mac platform may be a lot easier than the other way around :p

And if the port would suck (it will come mostly from M$ after all) we will be able to blame M$ some more :D

Anyways, I don't need Windows on the Mac as I stated previously but maybe MANY other potential customers see it as the only solution in order to get a Mac :(

i will get Vertual PC

if i want to play Playstation Games i will "buy" Vertual Game station

ect

Originally posted by hulkaros
...that Windows used to exist (in their old NT incarnation) even on Mac hardware (PowerPC based)!

On the other hand, Mac OS never existed in the Dark Side (other than NextStep that is) so maybe technicaly a Windows port to the Mac platform may be a lot easier than the other way around :p

And if the port would suck (it will come mostly from M$ after all) we will be able to blame M$ some more :D

Anyways, I don't need Windows on the Mac as I stated previously but maybe MANY other potential customers see it as the only solution in order to get a Mac :(

Actually, the old NT, although it could run on PPC hardware, could not be run on a Mac.

And enabling the Mac to run Windows apps will be the death of Apple. If you do this, no one will develop MacOS programs anymore (why would they, when they can now sell the same Windows version to nearly everyone). Once that happens, what possible reason do you have to by Apple hardware? To run OS X? Sure, its the best OS ever, but I doubt you'd see anyone stick with it when they could pay 1/3 less money and get a PC to run the same software.

This will never happen.

Originally posted by JetosX
i will get Vertual PC

if i want to play Playstation Games i will "buy" Vertual Game station

ect

Virtual PC is no longer for sale. And its OS 9 only

Virtual PC not for sale?! Tell that to the connectix people who last week were selling it at MacWorld. They have missed that announcement ...

And I run it on Mac OS X just fine. Thanks.

You must be highly confused.

See http://www.connectix.com/

Virtual PC can run any flavor of Windows on your mac (MacOS9 and Mac OSX), including Windows XP professional. It also can run Linux...

And it works great for the need I have of it (i.e. very little).

The entire reason I am using a Mac is because I DON'T LIKE WINDOWS!

I don't like Windows on a train.
I do not like Windows in the rain.
I do not like Windows on a boat.
I do not like Windows with a goat.
I do not want Windows on my Mac.
I do not want Windows, such a hack.

*clap clap clap*

however it would be cool to have windows apps in a rootless mode, just so we could get to use some of those apps that are windows-only

Someone in Japan is porting a PS emulator called FlareStorm to OS X and it's supposed to be pretty good so far, but is still in early beta stages. I really wish Connectix wasn't sued by Sony so quickly so we could have had that high quality emulator on OS X! It probably would have run better on OS X anyway! :(

The problem with windows is it runs windows apps.

A better idea would be to port key windows apps to OS X.

Back