What in WWDC got YOU the most excited?

What was Jobs talking about when you got 'excited'?

• Safari 1.0

• iChat AV and iSight

• Panther (Exposé, User Switching, Finder, Etc.)

• G5 and the new Power Mac

• Nothing specifically raised my BPM.

Results are only viewable after voting.

themacko

Barking at the moon.
Which new technology displayed at WWDC made you sit up and say "howdy"? I'm just interested to see if what I thought was cool matches everyone else's ideas. :p

for me the most important Wahoooooooooodiiiiiiehhhooaaaaawwwwooooooooiiiiiii was the Powermac G5!

The second exciting thing was Panther!

Both the Panther demo and the G5 announcement caused a surge of hormones. I voted for Panther since it'll be the one I'll be able to get my hands on first -- it might be a while before I can swing a G5 machine.

bear

I voted for Expose/whatnot from Panther since I'll get that as soon as it's out.
The G5 rocks and then some, but I don't think I'd be first in line. Maybe second...
But seriously, I will consider one come end of the year/early '04, but I'd still like to see what's coming for the TiBook line first.
Then there is waiting 12 months and then opting for the even bigger ones, G51/2.

i live in thailand...

i have business in middle east / far east / uk / usa...

my family live between uk and other parts of europe...

i spend nearly $1,000 a month on phone bills...

all my friends, family and co-workers are using mac and adsl...

so.... bye, bye phone bills!

at this rate, how long till i can afford a new G5?

3 months!!!

and then how long till i can get the next one?

as soon as they bring it out!!!

no wonder i'm an "applewhore"!

luv ya, steve!

Originally posted by Darkshadow
Xcode. Which you didn't put on the list, so I didn't vote for anything. :p
Ditto. Network compiling is already available to *nix OSes with Distcc, but the real-time code changing/compiling/debugging got my attention. I've seen such technology used before but it came at a cost targeted at professional developers. Xcode is part of the free developer tools that comes with OSX right?

Expose is second in my list. I'm still getting adjusted to navigating the UI in OSX, I can't zip around as quickly as I can in Windows/Linux but from the looks of things, it will get better.

I don't know? I didn't find it to exciting. I guess the only kinda cool thing was the G5. I remember when I saw the one show when they come out with the iMac. The hole concept was werd, an all in one computer! and it just keept getting better and better year after year! But it semes like after the G4 cube came out everything has been the same. I mean jezz the Power mac has not changed much, and now (4th model) the new one looks like they could not come up with a totaly new desingn so the just slapd a cheese grater on the front! But all and all mac is still the best, and I will never make the swich to a PC :D

Well, when I saw the new Power Mac, I certainly sat up, but I did not say "howdy." Rather, I said, "What the hell is that, and where did our lovely Power Mac go?" (Some of you may have seen my post where I called it ugly...) At this point, though, it's grown on me, like many things I don't like at first that I really should (such as Metallica's new single, St. Anger).

I don't really think Panther is a major update (back! All of you! I have my fire extinguisher!). Sure, it brings some new features like Exposé and user switching, but it's not as big as Jaguar was. The OS is already almost completely stable, and almost everything works well, so stability and compatibility aren't a big issue. Plus, Panther detracts on the UI front by replacing the gorgeous Aqua with the blah blah blah brushed metal.

The rest I really don't care about, at least not at this point.

From what I've read, it is a major upgrade, Arden. It's just mostly under-the-hood kind of stuff that was tweaked.

Stability and compatibility may not be big issues, but speed is still one, and I think Panther ups the speed a bit more.

In what way was jaguar a bigger update than Panther might be? I dont think that there are that many differences between X.1 and X.2. Everything looked basically the same. Since they redone the Finder in Panther it really feels like a major new version, a feeling i didnt get with jaguar.

Back