what is my computer Doing with Fink??

isolder

Registered
I am using Panther + Apple X11.

Fink:
Package manager version: 0.17.1
Distribution version: 0.6.2.cvs

Earlier I did a fink selfupdate. I don't know what I did a fink selfupdate. I wish I hadn't. After the selfupdate it told me I should update-all my packages, so I did.

I have been sitting around for the last 3 hours watching all kinds of code go by my terminal that looks to be compiling something.

During ths time I've seen mention of x11 as well as several folders in my OSX System folder (Frameworks, etc)...

Never before has update-all taken so long, wtf is going on?

This looks to be having somethign in particular to do with xfree86 but I really have no idea.. I just know this is taking way longer than I think it should be...

Pllleeeassee tell me things are ok..

Oh my gosh.

Preparing to replace xfree86 4.3.0-14 (using .../xfree86_4.3.99.16-2_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
WARNING: if you compile x11 applications against this Xfree86 release, you will not be able to run them if you decide to rever tto Apple's X11 provided with Panther.
Unpacking replacement xfree86.

Preparing to replace xfree86-shlibs 4.3.0-14 (using .../xfree86-shlibs_4.3.99.16-2_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xfree86-shlibs...
Setting up xfree86-shlibs (4.3.99.16-2) ...

Setting up xfree86 (4.3.99.16-2) ..
ERROR: /etc/X11 exists, but is not a symlink to /usr/X11R6/etc.
dpkg: error processing xfree86 (--install):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing: xfree86
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't batch-install packages: /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin/powerpc/x11-system/xfree86_4.3.99.16-2_darwin-powerpc.deb /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/xfree86-shlibs_4.3.99.16-2_darwin-powerpc.deb

localhost$

How the heck? All I did was update-all.. I swear... I did not ask for Apple's xfree86 to be replaced...

Back