What is the best FTP client for Jaguar?

3mors

HampCake Studios
As in subject ....

I use Transmit but sometimes it crashes. I'd like to use a simple FTP like it.

Any ideas?

maybe the subject should be changed to best GUI FTP app so command line programs don't get thrown in but whatever

Please note that Fugu is currently SFTP only. Regular FTP support is planned for a future version, but not yet implemented. So is out of the running for this thread.

Originally posted by holmBrew
There IS no substitute.

http://www.ncftp.com/

I am currently beta testing Transmit 2. holmBrew (and many others I am sure) will be pleased to note that it is the similar familiar interface of Transmit 1.x, but is really a Cocoa front end for NcFTP! The best of both worlds.

I like fetch better than transmit.

used fetch for years, and Im use to it.

I admit its NOT the best looking program ive seen for the mac.... .seems there really isnt any ftp program thats all that good. :(

I would like to be able to use the finder to FTP. If I click GO then CONNECT TO SERVER I can connect to a FTP server and drag files to my computer, but OS X does not allow the user to upload files to the server. Unless i'm doing something wrong. If someone knows how to uplaod via this method let me know.

Mike

I'm putting in my vote for RBrowser lite. It's fast, friendly, and as Finder-like as you're going to get. Just wish it had a more creative name.

.. I use Interarchy and RBrowser. Don't think the Lite version of RBrowser is all that though.

Interarchy is definetly the one with the most "snap", the other one can feel quite slow even if you're on a good connection compared to Interarchy.

Back