What is the best OSX teaching manual?

Surecure

Registered
I am trying to figure out what book/books I should get in order to really get a grasp on the finer features of OSX. I recently upgraded my OS and am now interested in getting into all the capabilities underneath the surface.

What book/s would you recommend in order to get the most out of OSX?

Also, what does it take to get certified as a Mac technician? What courses do you have to take? Are there any books I can get to teach me what is involved?

the surecure ... [ | ] ...

A book I would certainly recommend "Mac OS X - The Complete Reference"
written by Jesse Feiler. It's more of a "laymans" book, but does go into considerable detail.

As far as certifications go, right here at macosx.com you can click on the links scattered about the site, and get a third-party certification from press-3.

The other more expensive option would be to go the apple site, and get the "Apple Care Technician Cerification" package offered in the apple store.

Good luck... I've been looking as well.

I to have been looking for training material,

I even signed up for this site certification,

however they do not provide training material for the test.

To me this means they are not certifying you but just assessing knowledge.

If I pay for certification I want to have material to study.

If I know people who are certified I want to know the material they covered to get certified and not that the could answer questions pulled from who knows where.

Bob
:mad:

I believe apple.com/macosx has a link to purchase "MacOS X for dummies" which I hear is pretty good. I'm sure there will have to be many revisions to these books as Apple continues to release OS updates adding new features.

I've alwaysfound the Bible series by IDG Publications (I think) to be fantastic. But I haven't looked at the Mac OSX one.

I bet when it's out on the 15th, Mac OS X: The Missing Manual from David Pogue will be great.

Back