What is the format of this movie??

jsn

Registered
Hi all

I downloaded a movie form the internet that has this name:

(nameofthemovie).[CVCD].[TS-Screener].[WwW.LiMiTeDiVx.CoM].mpg

How can I see its format?

When I open it with Quiktime it says that it is a MPEG movie. This movie has b-frames, that means that it is packed with the bitstream option. How can I change it configuration to Uncheck packed bitstream option and save it under another name.

Thanks
jsn

jsn said:
Hi all

I downloaded a movie form the internet that has this name:

How can I see its format?

When I open it with Quiktime it says that it is a MPEG movie. This movie has b-frames, that means that it is packed with the bitstream option. How can I change it configuration to Uncheck packed bitstream option and save it under another name.

Thanks
jsn
If this is an honest question, you should give the verbatim URL (link) for the movie. As it is, this could be anything--particularly a virus. The jumble of upper- and lower-case characters in the name combined with certain other features of the name appear designed more to conceal certain information than to reveal it.

I have no idea what "packed with the bitstream option" means, but B-frames stands for bi-direction frames, which is, AFAIK, not a feature of MPEG-1 video. Or you talking about something different, or am I wrong?

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but if you're having trouble playing it, try VLC. If you want to convert it to another format, try ffmpegX.

Hope this helps.

CVCD tells you it's some sort of long movie put onto VCDs. Possibly a DVD-Player can read the disk.

TS-Screener tells you it's an illegal copy of the movie. We don't talk about warez, filmz etc. much here.

MPEG tells you it's an MPEG file. Probably an MPEG-1 file.

Back