What is the latest Eudora version?

aluminum

Registered
Does anyone know what the latest versio of Eudora OFFICIALLY is for OSX?

Eudora 5.1b12 continually corrupts my mailboxes and it crashes when trying to rebuild it. So, each and every time that happens, I have to boot back into system 9 to fix it.

So, I went to Eudora's site and saw mention of 5.1b21, and the file is named that:

http://www.eudora.com/cgi-bin/export.cgi?productid=EUDORA_mac_51b21

But, after downloading and installing, it is just 5.1b12...I even checked the release notes.

Is ANYONE using a newer version of Eudora than 5.1b12? Is this just a major typo?

Ugh. Must have been user error. Well, I downloaded it again, and now I have 5.1b21

HOWEVER, I can no longer launch my accounts by clicking on the different SETTINGS files. It will not launch Eudora. Anyone have a fix for that? I can physically drag the settings file onto Eudora and it will launch, but, as I have 4 different accounts, this is a bit tedious.

Hmmm not sure what you mean by setting files.

I have four different accounts set up as different personalities.

They all run all of the time.
What settings files are you referring to..?

The 'old school' way of running multiple accounts through Eudora is to duplicate the Eudora settings file and launch the application from there. So, if you have three different settings files, each one will, in turn, re-launch Eudora with that file set.

The newer Eudoras let you have multiple accounts within the same settings set...I think...I'm not exactly sure...perhaps it's time I read that manual ;o)...

I use the new method with multiple personalities
it works well.

Don't need to execute any separate setting files at all.

Check it out dead easy to do.....;-)

Velvet:

Does it actually create separate settings files/folders for you, or does it lump all of the personalities within one file grouping?

I remember trying this feature out way back inOS 8, but, for some reason I can't remember, I didn't like it as much as actually having seperately defined settings files.

aluminum,

As far as i can tell it lumps all the personalities together.

I can find no reference on the my disk to multiple settings file.

Although the ability to check individual mail accounts is available.

From the Window menu option choose personalities and a window box opens up with each defined personality. Highlight the one you want and press the get mail icon.

Cheers

Back