What Kind of App are you working on?

I dont know if this qualifies as an app but I am working on a couple of NewtonBooks and their eBook format too :p

Admiral

Sorry im still new to some stuff, what are Newton Books and ebooks ???:confused: I am currently working on 2 applications i would not rather mention what they are...

-whitesaint

NewtonBooks are electronic books for newton
eBooks are electronic books that can be read on palm an PocketPCs

A newtonbook can be cosindered an application I guess since it needs no app to run it :p

Herve you son of a gun you are starting to make sense :p

this is just what i was hoping for... i was hoping that there are not that many serious cocoa programmers out there... or is there?

-whitesaint

i'm working on an ide for the MzPlasm language...
this application work with socket and perform the syntax highlighting....
someone can help me with the document based application?

I'm just tuning up my skills currently.
I need a project but don't know what to make...anybody need something REALLY bad???

I am waiting to go to the university, I have met once in my life Samantha, if she's nothing for me I had to search me an IT-girl!

Old projects (not working on anymore)
myIP
randomGuess
These two were REALLY bad.

Semi-old projects
Tic-Tac-Toe
Memory
Primer
Unscrambler
xRPN
Alarm Clock
I really don't work on these anymore

New projects
Alarm Clock S.E. (my commercial baby ;))
Drop Compress
Concorder

Most of the source is available online, although I've been somewhat lazy at updating the code (some of it doesn't work anymore if I haven't updated it recently; broken stuff from the PB days). All available here: http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~fahrenba/computers

Oh yeah, it's Cocoa-Java, although most of the stuff can be cross-referenced.

F-bacher

Wow dude, thanks for the link to the Java-Cocoa source. I love Java, but Swing just doesn't feel like it's ready for prime time. The Cocoa application framework is just way too powerful and EASY to design. And it doesn't hurt to see how everyone else is getting along.

I'm working on a sweet app that you can use to send text pages to mobile phone and pagers. Something that you can just put in the phone number and tell it what service, and give a way of counting how many characters are left.

I've got the UI done, and much of the programming, and once I get something done I'll realease it on the world, source and all.

-Jim

I'm working on 3 projects at the moment:

1. Carbonizing my music application FretPet

2. Writing a super-simple front-end for MySQL - in PHP of course

3. Writing a kernel extension to eliminate random Hervés and spurious Hinnekens

I am working on three applications:

PowerText: A text editor about 1 year
Generations: A genealogy research program about 2 months
History Helper: An educational history-learning app about 4 months

I am also just putting together the following:

EZWeb: A WYSIWYG HTML editor.
Concorde: An FTP application.
NASCAR Fever: Name gives this one away, a NASCAR racing game.
Paddle: Kinda hard to explain, simple 2D game.
more...

I am using REALbasic for all of my apps now and it is wonderful. So many ideas so little time! :)

Have a great day!

Albert

1. I'm working on an RPG just like the old classic Yipe. 2 month of development, it sooooo close to being finished, if I could only get off my lazy ass and start working on it again. It's been 8 month since I wrote a single line to the source code.

2. A Launcher, kinda like PocketDock, but free. With lots of options, unix commands for example. Skin support and more.

E-mail me if you'd like to beta test the second app or anything. stille@mac.com.

I'm developing everything in Obj-C/Cocoa (Damn nice API and programming language).

Attachments

• popup.jpg
    popup.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 66
wow, in comparison to that, the stuff i'm doing is quite boring...

i have some unfinished apps like everybody does, i guess and one that i'm playing with at the moment: "locator", a gui for os x's locate. introduced indexing removable media a while ago and finished a browser for them a few days ago... small stuff, getting to know the cocoa apis, all that. ;-)

Back