What kind of Mac do you own?

What kind of Mac do you own? (Check more than one if it applies)

• eMac

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • iBook (Fruit)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • iBook (White)

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • iMac (CRT)

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • iMac (Flat Panel)

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Powerbook G3

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Power Mac G3 (Beige)

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Power Mac G3 (Blue and White)

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Powerbook G4 (Ti)

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Powerbook G4 (Al)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • G4 Cube

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • G4 (Original case)

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • G4 (QuickSilver)

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors)

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Xserve

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Older Mac

Votes: 22 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by arden
The Cube is like a Porsche with no windows, air or radio.

Windows = Yup, u're right! Much Prefer X.2
Air = I Dunno, after installed the Fan, to mine, there's plenty of COLD air coming outta the top of the vents.
Radio = ... yup, its totally silent! Well almost! Quietest computer i ever had, and thats with the fan, and the GF3's Fan. Leaves the Software, NOT hardware, to create the sound.

I don't see why people hate on the Cube so much tho! I've upped my RAM ... only 768Mb, but RAM is cheap, i will whack in 3*512's soon.
I've Whacked in a very nice 120Gb (7200RPM, 8Mb Cache) WD Drive. A GeForce 3 ADC, and the Fan to cool things a little. Granted, installing the fan wasn't easy, but interesting.. :)

...Just the CPU upgrade to go. Why wouldn't you want a cube? Personally i don't need the PCI expansion sockets, the GeForce 3 is Plentiful Video Power for me, and 120Gb is fine too. With so many FireWire and USB Devices available, i don't get the gripes. I Love it! :D

NeYo

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
Windows = Yup, u're right! Much Prefer X.2
Air = I Dunno, after installed the Fan, to mine, there's plenty of COLD air coming outta the top of the vents.
Radio = ... yup, its totally silent! Well almost! Quietest computer i ever had, and thats with the fan, and the GF3's Fan. Leaves the Software, NOT hardware, to create the sound.
Enjoy your Porsche.

I've had my custom G4 for nearly three years, I also have a PowerMac 6500/275 (with 6 gig HD and 96 megs of RAM). My first Mac was a Performa 550 (with the 68030 processor; 4 megs of ram and a 160 MB hard drive). I should have gotten a Performa 575, the 68040 would have made a huge difference. ;)

-Perseus

Originally posted by Perseus
I should have gotten a Performa 575, the 68040 would have made a huge difference. ;)
Yes, the '040 would so run Photoshop 7 better than the '030... :)

see my sig.
I own the B&W and the Dell. The others are work machines.

My first mac was an Apple ][.
You know, it still works.

Originally posted by podmate
see my sig.
I own the B&W and the Dell. The others are work machines.

My first mac was an Apple ][.
You know, it still works.

Dude, your first Mac was NOT an Apple ][. A Macintosh is not the same thing as an Apple ][, even though they were made by Apple.

Though mine can't compare with the design of the cube, I have the QS 933. I won't give all the stats...just what I've added...

QS 933 (with 2 usb ports)
1024mb ram
60GB + 40GB hdds
Lacie 48x12x28x CDRW Firewire
15" Studio Display (2 usb ports)
HP Deskjet 932c
Sony DCR-PC101 Digital Camcorder (MiniDV)
Logitech S30 speakers
Logitech Mouseman Wheel
Epson 1260 Photo (w/negative) scanner
SMC 4 port router w/print server
ADSL internet service
T39m Bluetooth cellphone (no bt adapter though) :-<
DVI-to-VGA adapter (somewhere)
1 x Belkin 4 port usb hub
1 x Entrega 4 port usb hub

And many pieces of paper hanging around! hehe

indigo iMac 400 DV is what i have.

3 years old. still faithful, it's quite a workhorse. best money i ever spent, i love this thing.

What I love about Mac users is that they can purchase a computer and have it for 4 years and it can still do the job for them as the day they purchased it. They don't fell the need to keep up with the "Jones's". They only upgrade when the Mac breaks (which is rare) or when it stops performing the task they need it for.

In a 'disposable' and 'never happy' society it is great to see at least some people happy with what they have.

you guys are great.......

Originally posted by Langley
What I love about Mac users is that they can purchase a computer and have it for 4 years and it can still do the job for them as the day they purchased it. They don't fell the need to keep up with the "Jones's". They only upgrade when the Mac breaks (which is rare) or when it stops performing the task they need it for.

In a 'disposable' and 'never happy' society it is great to see at least some people happy with what they have.

you guys are great.......

Thank you!? :rolleyes:

And if you aren't a Mac user I hope that you will become one! ;)

See you around... :D

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday dear Arden...
Happy birthday to you...

Enjoy your life! :D

Back