What Kind of PDA should I get??

xaqintosh

Master of Reality
I'm looking for one that is pretty powerful, but still lightweight and very portable. I want it to be "sleek and elegant". It should work well with Mac OS X. Possibly color, but it doesn't have to be. No more than say $350. Thanks.

I suggest you search eBay for a Sony Clié, they're super nice and better than any regular palm handheld! :)

there is not such thing as a right PDA.
Personally I hate the PalmOS that is why I bought an iPaq. IT wroks with a mac...somewhat, but I also use it with VPC.

If you want a PocketPC OS device, I would suggest to wait for teh new Xscale processor based machines to come out. The iPaqs look nice and sleek.

If you want a Palm OS device, I would suggest the Sony Clie NR70v. Its a really nice device. However I would also tell you to wait since this device WILL NOT BE compatible with Palm OS 5, so wait for ARM based palms to come out in the next few months:)

Pretty much all other PDAs are discontinued. The Newton and the Psion 5mx (or the revo plus) are reallu nice discontinuted PDAs.

in terms of contacts the iPod already has that ability.
Apple making a full fledged PDA anytime soon though, highly doubtful :)

Wait until this upcoming MacWorld.
You won't find a PDA, but you will see something like what that I assure you will want to buy.

Trust me. lol, trust the guy with the retard avatar. :)

<wishful thinking>maybe they'll turn the iPod into a PDA?</wishful thinking>

yes, I'll definitely wait 'til after Macworld, lest I be sorely disappointed when I get some Palm rather than an iNewton :)

Also, it seems to me:

PocketPCs are better, but don't run on mac
Palms (and compatibles) are not as good but DO run on mac

No, the iPod is not going to ever be made into an PDA, sorry. But Apple has stepped forward to announce that.

Second: I do suggest that if you don't get what Apple releases, or a Clié then you get an iPaq, which are really good! Also for another $50 or so you can buy a special program/wire that can make your iPaq work perfectly with your Mac. :)

Hi,

I like the iPaq. I know it has M$soft OS but it is definitely better (IMHO) than the Palm stuff.

Check at costco they had the 3635 pretty cheap.

tech

Ok, If i get an iPaq I'll probably have to get Pocketmac Pro, but I'm still not sure (and I'm waiting til macworld :))

Back