• ASP

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • HTML

Votes: 78 84.8%
  • Pascal

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, HyperTalk wasn't the best example...How about Robocode? Yeah, I think that one's probably pretty unknown to the majority. Anybody heard of that? Then there's languages we've all heard of, know, but forgot about...Like Logo...LoL...

C
C++
Embedded C++ (the C++ subset that IOKit uses)
ObjC
Java
Prolog
Lisp
SmallTalk
AppleScript
Pascal
Modula 2

And a few notes on the options:

You forgot C, unless you lumped it into C++, which you probably shouldn't have.

If you were going to include Pascal on the list than you probably should have had SmallTalk, Lisp and FORTRAN too. Your omission of Prolog and Modula is probably reasonable though. I must commend you on your avoidance of including Python in the list.

Also ASP isn't a programming language. It's just HTML with embedded VBScript. What you've done here is essentially call Java and JSP two distinct programming languages when the reality is that one (JSP) is just a markup description language which acts as a container for the programming language (Java).

And HTML is not a programming language, it has no assignment, no branching logic structures, and no looping structures. HTML is a description/depiction language used to describe layout of text and graphics. Kind of like how UML can be used to describe the stucture and layout of a computer program, but it is not itself a programming language.

-Nathan

Well, cannot tell all, you just let us choose in a small list.

I know ObJC, Java, C, Ada, Pascal, PHP...

At my university, we even learn everything needed to create new languages (a friend of mine started to work on a project named C*.

Originally posted by iconara
I compiled a list with the languages I know, those I have looked at and those I don't know, but know of:

I know:
----------------------------------------
Java, JavaScript, Objective-C, C, C++, Perl, PHP, Python, SQL, 6809-assembler.

I have looked at these:
AppleScript, Ruby, Haskell, Logo, Tcl/Tk.

I will look at these some day:
Self, Smalltalk, Eiffel, C#, Lisp, Awk, Sed.

These I consider too archaic or useless:
COBOL, Pascal, Fortran, Prolog, Ada, Modula, Dylan, VB, Basic

I will add PL/I to the list, some day, when I know more about it than I do now...

happy coding.

Ada ? Archaic ? it is only used by Ariannespace for their rockets!

Originally posted by devonferns
It will compile and crash a PC if you compile it with MS Visual Studio.

The error you're talking about is probably in the printf() function, because I can't remember if there are any other arguments or not in that function.

Infinite loops will compile.

You don't need braces in a for loop if there's only one line in the loop.

In fact, this issue has been 'tested and approved' with EVERY compilers available for Windoze, this code work on any platform but Winsuck, it's a Windows issue...

Euhh...qu'est-ce que je parle? Anglais, français. Parlo italiano anche. Oh! You mean *programming* languages... C, Objective-C, PHP, HTML, basic CSS (not really programming, but hey, HTML is there), AppleScript, probably some other ones.

Back