what, nothing about IE 5.1.4?

homer

Safety Inspector
Versiontracker is reporting IE 5.1.4 available through Software Update (I'm not at my Mac right now). Can it be that I'm the first to report it? :p

Too bad software update won't work for me :(

[EDIT]Now it works, but it doesn't show up for me! WTF!?[/EDIT]

Yeah, it's not showing up. Oh well. :p

UPDATE: I take that back. Once I named it back to "Internet Explorer" from "Internet Exploder", Software Update works. It also has to be in the "Applications" folder, as usual.

I wonder how long it'll take Apple to fix this. It's getting mighty annoying. They have all those bundle identifiers and methods to get a path for a identifier, why don't they use them!? :(

Originally posted by Biff
Congratulations homer, you are the first to report IE 5.1.4!

:cool:

YES! My first! Now if only I can beat googolplex to the next release of Chimera. . . . :D

congratulations homer you are the only one who actually cares about IE anymore :).

And you wont beat me to chimera :D. I've got that covered.

Any idea what that update does? is it just to cover their a$$es for releasing crappy software? if so the I have to ask, How long have we (by which I mean people who use IE, not myself) been unprotected?

I just thought of this. IE usually updates with OS X releases. like 5.1.3 was released with os x 10.1.3. Could this be a sign of os x 10.1.4?

gplex: Silly, of course it is! Haven't you seen macrumors.com and railheaddesign.com's reports of 10.1.4 being pretty close (as soon as this week)? And we have IE 5.1.4 and OS X Server 10.1.4?

I'd say it's a shoo-in that OS X client 10.1.4 will be up on Software Update this week or next week.

Originally posted by googolplex
congratulations homer you are the only one who actually cares about IE anymore :).

And you wont beat me to chimera :D. I've got that covered.

Well, much as I hate it, on my "Speed Demon" with 56K connection, Internet Exploiter is the only browser with decent speed (other than Chimera, which can't be my main browser) . As soon as the other browsers catch up, I'll be dumping Exploiter like a hot potato. Until then, I must keep on Exploiting the Internet.

Back