What Other Forums for Mac Users?

bannor11

Registered
Hi, I just wanted to ask you guys what other popular forums/newsgroups are out there for Mac users to share ideas and learn such as this one? I'm just starting to learn about the Mac and OSX and I'd love to have all the resources available so I can learn, thanks for the inputs!

you unfaithful jerk! You expect macosx.com to be faithful whilst you go on your little flings with other forums. How dare you.

hehe sorry that was just a little weird. I personally don't know where else there is a forum but I know this one is quite comprehensive and the search feature helps a lot when looking for an answer to a problem others have had. Also there is an IRC channel if you want to have a more real time conversation.

In all of my experience in using forums, I'd have to say that this is the one where I get most of my answers solved, or at least partially answered. There's always the Apple forums, but they just lack something that makes me not want to post there... I dunno.

MacOSX.com has definitely become THE support forum for all things Mac OS X and Mac hardware (to a lesser extent the Classic Mac OS -- wait, what's that?). I hope it stays around for a long time yet, because this website is indispensible.

Just some shameless promotion of MacOSX.com and some preaching to the choir, but (yes I said this before) even a Mac genius at the Palo Alto Apple Store recommended that I come here for some problems I was having with Mac OS X. That's how famous these forums have become. :)

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I have been browsing around today and I do agree that this is a really informative and well organized site. I just wanted to get an overall glimpse at all the Mac information sites because I'm still learning. So thanks again for any information.

Back