what program should i use to record?

boi

official breaker of macs.
as stated. i have a mic connected to a 1/4 converter connected to a 1/8 converter connected to a 1/4 male to 1/4 male adapter connected to the 1/8" input on my computer ^_^.
anyway, i need to record. i would like playthrough if possible.

sound studio is great, but playthrough won't work for me. once i hit the record button, it's delayed by a second or so... and i've got a decently fast system. i'll have to check out pro tools.
thanks.

Use either Peak DV or SoundEdit 16. Both are great but Peak DV run smoother. A lot of options and editing ability.

Originally posted by boi
sound studio is great, but playthrough won't work for me. once i hit the record button, it's delayed by a second or so... and i've got a decently fast system. i'll have to check out pro tools.
thanks.

You've got a very fast system. I have a G4 867 SP and Sound Studio works great with playthrough. I use an iMic for my audio input, and Griffin is putting our Final Vinyl, which is free if you use their hardware. I can't wait for it. It's out already, but the next release will have a waveform editor in it. Plus they somehow elimitated the need for a preamp for a turntable. You can run it right into the iMic. Amazing.

Back