What shareware apps have you registered?

themacko

Barking at the moon.
I've registered:

Transmit $25
and WindowShade X $7

I love transmit and the way windowshade lets you retract windowd into their titlebars like OS 9. Well worth the 7 bones.

What apps have you registered (or would you register if you had the $$$)?

Watson was the latest. My wife saw it in action and that was that. I think it was $29.00 (but I didn't see her go through and do everything, so that is more of a guess). :rolleyes:

And when we can, OmniWeb!

I try out a bunch of stuff but the most notable things I have thought were definatly worth registering were: Realmz, Escape Velocity and most recently Graphic Converter.

WindowShade and Graphic Converter! Couldn't live without those two at all.
BTW anybody know how to unreigster a cracked copy of GC? I entered a serial to see how fast it woudl load up without a splash as I wasn't goign to buy it if it was slow as I open it quite a bit, and now I can't register it as my own :( Oh well He got his money anyway. long live shareware!

Hm, lets start the list. Omniweb, WindowshadeX, Fruit Menu, Xounds, Watson, Adium (well, made a donation), Snak, and Transmit.

I sure do love shareware. :D

i have paid for Ptah, dockswitcher, and expect to pay for either omniweb or icab. i still debate about graphic converter and some others.

For OS X, Watson (took me about 10 min. to determine this program actually deserved what it was asking), and Firewalk X, which I paid $12 for back when it was version 1.3.8. To be honest I actually like that version better than the new 2.0 they came out with (although I am happy to see their policy of offering a free upgrade to people who paid earlier, even though 2.0 now costs over $30... excessive imo). Oh, and of course OmniWeb.

Maybe a couple others, only three I can think of atm though. I'll be honest though, some shareware I just laugh at and completely ignore paying for (usually because it's very basic and asking for a laughable amount).

Cheers,
Dak

Most are Ambrosia games, but here's the list:

Mars Rising, Slithereens, Harry the Handsome Executive, Escape Velocity, Escape Velocity Override, (no doubt EV Nova when it is released tomorrow), Snapz Pro 2 (Snapz Pro X soon), WindowShade X, Memory Usage Getter :p, and ViaHTTP (a Mac OS Classic only download resumer). I am going to purchase Watson and FruitMenu, soon (since, I'm raking in the dough from MUG ;) ).

Oh yeah, I've registered iTunes, iMovie, and iPhoto too. :D

i have payed for a lot of shareware, but i actually use it.

WindowShade X
FruitMenu
DragThing
DefaultFolder X
OmniWeb
SNAX
A Better Finder Rename X
ChronoSync
Super Get Info
The Little Dutch Moose - clean OSXS log files (you have prolly never head of this, look it up on versiontracker.

I've registered more shareware for OSX than I think I ever have before....

My list is as follows:
Windowshade X
Dockswap
ID3X
SQLGrinder
Amadeus

And I will be registering Omniweb when 4.1 becomes proper, and TypeIt4Me when it's a little less intrusive...

GraphicConverter
Thoth
Typist
FireWalk X
CopyPaste

In the "definitely gonna pay one of these days" category - OmniWeb, LaunchBar, Transmit and FruitMenu.

Worth every penny...

osXigen..
I loved Transmit, but the app is lagging. Updates come way too slow, and it's still pretty unstable on OS X. osXigen is small, fast, and the developer is "on the job"...

Thoth..
Bought Thoth when it was the only newsreader out for OS X. Now that MT-Newswatcher is out, I still love Thoth.

VueScan...
Allowed me to use my Epson Perfection610 without running Classic. Works great, and Ed Hamrick is continually making changes...

On my "to get soon" list....
Fruit Menu
Password Master
DiskTracker

I've registered Exile II, QuickTime 5 (I guess it counts as shareware. I registered it so I could have the same kind of functionality I had back with QuickTime 3. That, and being able to get the full-size trailers for Episode II is a nice touch.), and OmniWeb. The next thing I register will probably EV: Nova or Airburst.

Incidentally, I saw someone said they registered CopyPaste. I was just wondering what features it has over PTHPasteBoard, which is free. I love that one, but I'm always curious as to what else is out there.

i have a question for those of you who have registered omniweb. Does it get any faster afterwards? it obviously runs a background check and comes up with the unlicensed strip when you leave it sitting too long. i am just wondering if getting rid of any extra activities like that increase its performance in any ways.

I've actually registered less stuff for OS X than I did for OS 9 (more freeware alternatives). I have so far registered:

NetFinder X - I tried OSXigen, but it does not seem to suport drag and drop to the finder.
FruitMenu
BTV - useless until Formac gets their act in gear!
Graphic Converter - I edited the icons in the CDE front panel (AIX install) of a server we had at work. You should have seen the UNIX weenies! :D
VueScanX

Back