What Song Are You Playing Now?

Esquilinho said:
Opeth - In My Time of Need

Harvest – Opeth (from the album Blackwater Park)

Welcome to Prog! Opeth is without doubt the greatest band ever! (IMHO) Seen God yet? ::angel:: He usually puts in an appearance somewhere around Harvest and He hangs around through The Drapery Falls!

Actually, my boyfriend is the big Opeth fan - I just "stole" Deliverance and Damnation from his place to check it out ;)
The first one is a bit too "growled" for me I think... ;) But I quite like Damnation

You have a point. I'm not all that keen on the roar, but there's enough clear vocals to keep my interest. But it's the music itself – and the fact that it's not a 2 minute 59, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, instrumental refain, verse chorus, top ten pop song format – that floats my boat.

The aforementioned The Drapery Falls is the perfect example. Unfortunately, you don't have Blackwater Park, so you don't know what I'm talking about.

But if you like metal, then the eponymous Deliverance is mind-blowing – especially the last few minutes. Who would have thought that one chord could sound so good?

Err… right now I'm listening to something new –

Eternal – Paradise Lost

OK! You convinced me - when I get to my boyfriend's place I listen to Blackwater Park ;)

Weeha! Gothic! But I prefer Icon :p

You don't happen to like My Dying Bride too, do you?

Trying Deliverance now ;)

Haven't listened to My Dying Bride, but I'll give 'em a whirl. But the genre, according to Rockdetector, is Doom. Can anyone beat Katatonia (with a "K") in that field?

We Must Bury You – Katatonia

Maybe just a coincidence, but most of the music I listen to is of Scandinavian origin. I lived in Sweden for many years. Maybe some of their mindset rubbed off on me! :D

I haven't listened to Katatonia either, but... you should try My Dying Bride (but not 34.788%... Complete though...)

Ey up, fjdouse!

Errrmm… Rachmaninov seems a little out of place in the middle of a discussion of the finer points of metal! ;) :D

Still listening to Katatonia – Walking on a Wire

@ Esquilinho: I'll do my usual trick on My Dying Bride – d/l a few tracks. If they're any good, I'll buy the albums. If they're not, I'll trash 'em!

Don't knock Mozart's Requiem. It's a great piece of music! I am just dying to hear the metal version by someone like Dream Theater, Shadow Gallery or O.S.I.! If only…

Lift – Poets of the Fall

Back