What Song Are You Playing Now?

Arden said:
Deep Purple - Hush

Quark: They're definitely up there! :)

Kinda almost with you on that one, Arden. Thing is, I absolutely HATE the Blues and R 'n' B and any kind of music that is too closely related. I have therefore had to revise my opinion of old metal bands downwards, so, despite a few eternal classics such as Child in Time and Smoke on the Water, Deep Purple, along with bands such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc, have all now hit my "Don't Like List". Soz.

Right now I'm listening to The Poison Well by Dark Tranquillity.

Wow... I don't see how you can get Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin from blues and RnB... maybe some songs, but come on! BTW, I meant your comment about Tool. :p

Right now: Golden Earring - Radar Love

In spite of its closeness to the hated genre, Radar Love IS a classic. Vanilla Queen is another great tune from Golden Earring.

Still listening to Dark Tranquillity – In Sight at the mo' from the Exposures: In Retrospect & Denial compilation.

Head by Office of Strategic Influence

Sometimes I need a break from the battering taken by the senses from Death/Thrash/Gothic Metal, so I'm having a Prog break. O.S.I. is still fairly heavy and metallic in places, but it's far more melodic and makes interesting use of sampling.

Does anyone ever find that they don't actually need audible music to 'listen' to music? I hear tunes allday long in my head.

Currently hearing Narcotic Thrust - When The Dawn Breaks

I get that too – usually when I'm lying in bed. It always prevents me from getting to sleep. Last night is a good example: I had Opeth's Deliverance from the eponymous album stuck in my head – just the riffs from the last 3 or 4 minutes. I didn't manage to expunge it until 6 o'clock this morning!

*yawn*

zzzzzzzzzz

Back