What the heck is Xdesign?

i clicked on the link to the descriptions of the topics covered at WWDC. No Xdesign, but maybe they mean "X design" because they sure have plenty of courses that cover design of various things in OS X. ie - cocoa, carbon, interface, opengl, coreimage, corevideo, networking, xgrid, 64 bit etc

Sounds to me like this could be a more modern interface builder or something? Xcode and Xdesign, ye know...

I hope it is. There isn't any reference to Project Builder on that page, so hopefully Xdesign is the new Project Builder 3.0?

i thought XCode replaced Project Builder.. so then Xdesign may replace Interface Builder as fryke mentioned.. it could of course just be a slipup, and meant to say "X design" as in, designing for OSX..

now Apple has majorly upgraded their descriptions of the topics covered, still no Xdesign, but plenty of new and innovative things i had no idea would be in Tiger. Smart Cards? Xcode development for java based devices? QTKit? portable web applications? moving from windows server to tiger server? Custom File formats for Spotlight? Active Directory integration? device syncing APIs, xGrid APIs, .Mac APIs?!

I've never heard of any of those things until today, and all are major advancements and innovations that will make our lives easier, and especially for us developers to do very cool things. Damn I wanna go to WWDC so bad!

It would be very cool to have an XCode 3.0 tho...the page says this baout XCode: "Power Programming with Xcode - Xcode has many advanced features designed to make your development more productive. This session will help current Xcode users get the most out of Xcode. You'll learn the best ways to structure your projects, how to get maximum build performance, and much more."

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/descriptions/desc-ho.html
http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/descriptions/desc-p.html

What is kind of interesting is in Core Image it says "harness the power of the GPU **or** Velocity Engine" hmm sign of things to come? a link to the Cell processor? future looks very bright indeed

Back