What to do with an old iPod

thebiggedbig

Registered
Well, I've bought a new iPod with video (and VERY pleased with it) and my poor old 3G iPod has nothing to do anymore. I've been trying to think of some way to use it or find something fun to do with it. Anyone have any ideas? Anything cool and practical works for me. What a good iPod that was...

thebiggedbig said:
Well, I've bought a new iPod with video (and VERY pleased with it) and my poor old 3G iPod has nothing to do anymore. I've been trying to think of some way to use it or find something fun to do with it. Anyone have any ideas? Anything cool and practical works for me. What a good iPod that was...

You could always sell it... the 3G iPods were pretty nice I still have my 20GB. I was thinking about upgrading to a video, but I'm not sure how much I'd use it (the video part).

The iPod is basically just a portable harddrive with software
installed to facilitate use as an "mp3" player.

If you set it to disk mode, you can use it as an external
drive to backup important data or your entire harddrive.

well, a portable hard drive would be nice. and i need the disk space. is the drive capable of acting as an external drive? also, is there any way to make it act like a flash drive? i think if you have it in disk mode and connect it to a mac itunes won't try to sync with it, but does a windows computer need the ipod software installed to be able to use it, cause i would like to use it as a flashdrive at school (where they don't have itunes or the ipod software installed).

Hm. For that case, I'd sell the iPod and buy an external harddrive. FAT32-formatted, you can use it for PCs and Macs.

i was considering selling the ipod, but it's custom engraved and i don't think many people want to carry around an ipod with my name in it...

format it as FAT32. it won't try to install ipod software on it, and itunes won't open. it'll work on both mac and windows, and you have a small, very quiet battery hard drive.

is the apple store still featuring that bring in the old ipod and get 10% off...?

you could use that as a selling point on ebay or w/e

Cheers!

Back