What would you give...

i understand your position on this ed, but when people moderate such little comments as "doo doo brain" over MUCH MORE VULGAR words, it just really gets to me... it was all in good fun and then it's turned into a problem...

none of this was happening before such a policy change on the board...

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
help the admiral and i out by not trying to turn this into the cus thread, ok?
I said "doo doo"! come on!

I'm sorry but this is just too funny. This is being blown way out of proportion. I'm leaving it at that. I am not going to be posting to this thread anymore.

Originally posted by wdw_

I said "doo doo"! come on!

I'm sorry but this is just too funny. This is being blown way out of proportion. I'm leaving it at that. I am not going to be posting to this thread anymore.
I think that Ed's position would be the same if you said "Well you're an idiot!". Idiot is not an offensive word per se. It's the alleged attack.

It is not always clear to others whether it is real or not and sets a poor precedent for new members to copy.
That's what he's talking about, and I agree with him. Heck, it's not even always clear to us (the not-so-new members) when you're joking or not. I know, because I have to explicitly say "Joking!" at the end of a lot of my posts. And still people don't get it.

is there some reason that nkuvu is perfectly clear about what i said and the rest of you aren't? :confused:

for all i personally care, type doodoo until your fingers are sore. but don't attack or slander each other. this is part of what ended the cuss thread - it became nothing but people insulting each other and several times it spilled out into the other forums where it became a problem.

you guys may all be capable of understanding the difference between BSing in here and in a serious discussion, but some people don't seem to be able to. and these are the people who will end up following your lead because you are all prominent members of this site. are you starting to see the bigger picture?

frankly, i was nice because i know you guys well enough to assume it was joking around. and i know that you know each other well enough to deal with this. but others who don't know you, who are new members, might see that and think calling people names anytime they disagree with them is the norm. If that had been said by a new member, i would have come in here with my moderator flag flying and made a real, reportable, public warning against such treatment of site members. As it was, i personally asked you to chill so i wouldn't have to moderate. I even let wdw change his post rather than me editing it, which i could easily have done.

Is the picture getting clearer ?;)

Um, wow. A war over doo-doo.

Listen, guys, this thread was meant to be non-offensive unless you love Bill Gates. Please don't blow doo-doo out of proportion. No name calling, please.

yea, let me put this in an even better context - as long as Bill Gates isn't a member of this site, then call him non offensive names if you must. but if he joins, then i will have to delete this thread.;)

"Hervé throws pie at Bill Gates, runs away before police comes in flying car."

Very weird. :p

Hervé, upon being found hiding in an alley: "What happen? It was my sister, I swear!! My middle finger on my left hand is sick!"

Even weirder. :p

Back