What would YOU like to see at MWNY?

themacko

Barking at the moon.
There are a few things I could dream up that I think Steve should introduce, but realistically speaking, I'd love to see AppleWorks 7 (or X). An all-cocoa AppleWorks suite that has the capabilities to read/edit/write MS Office documents. Not just Word and Excel, but PowerPoint as well. It won't need to be as feature-rich, but it should be able to work with MS documents w/o any problems. I'd be willing to fork over $100 for that.

Hardware-wise .. I would like to see a new AirPort BaseStation that has USB and FireWire ports where you could plug in hard disks, scanners or printers and share them among the Macs in your network. That would be SWEET.

What would you like to see? (oh, and try to keep it fairly reasonable. no G5's or 22" iMacs.)
:p

Everybody thinks its a lock that Apple will update the Pro machines. I think it's so much of a certainty that I just told my boss, who shunned the Mac about 2 years ago, and who is now wanting to drop about $4K on a new pro machine, to wait until next week, because new Pro machines are just about a certainty.

Well, ThinkSecret, who is usually right on the money, is now stating that no new Pro macs will be introduced next week. Instead, Apple will wait until it's current promo (Crystal Clear promo) ends on Aug. 12. This makes sense, and Apple has pulled this stunt before.

I myself am in the market for a new Powerbook (I just sold my rev. A PBG4/500 on eBay), and although I doubt it will happen, I'm hoping for at least another speed bump at MWNY next week. It would also be nice if Apple decided to ditch the ATIRadeon7000 chipset for the nVidia GeForce4 440Go, but I doubt that will happen.

Whatever...

If all that is announced is a 17" iMac and a Jaguar ship date as ThinkSecret predicts, it will be one hell of a lame Expo.

G5 *sigh*

The G4 is sooooo old. Snowball's chance in hell that we'll be that lucky though :rolleyes:

I'm betting on 1.3ghz G4s, DDR RAM, stuff like that.

serpi's right – there's probably not going to be an update to PowerMacs at MWNY. ThinkSecret and CNet are both reporting this now, and the promotion only secures this.

I have three things I want:

1) Immediate availability of iTunes with MPEG4 support, with an iPod software updater to support AAC audio format.

2) Cocoa AppleWorks suite. C'mon Apple! AppleWorks 6 sucks in OS X!

3) 17" iMacs. Since both ThinkSecret and CNet are reporting this is going to happen, I'm happy. :) :) :) I would LOVE a GeForce 4MX card in them, too, and a speed bump – but the screen is the main thing that does it for me.

I hope they DON'T upgrade the iMacs cuz I'm so selfish and I just bought one a month ago or so.

Please, pretty please!? I so want to get rid of al these cables, but Airport 1 just ain't fast enough to bother.

Originally posted by mindbend
Please, pretty please!? I so want to get rid of al these cables, but Airport 1 just ain't fast enough to bother.
What are you going to be using it for that doesn't make it fast enough?

I would like to see 17" iMac, release date of Mac OS X 10.2, and a cream pie on Bill Gate's face.

appleworks 7/X, with very good M$ office support (for college only)

and quad G5s at 2Ghz :D

and both of them free for students.

Apple works 7, Free update, M$ compadability AND GOOD GRAMER AND DICTIONARYS i mean Fire has a better dictionary then AW (and ass yo ucan see i need it :p )

*I'd like to see a new case for the G4 towers.
*Much higher speeds
*Perhaps a drop in the LCDs, something like 20%.
*WCW had Nitro girls, we should have Apple Girls... :p
*A new digi-hub product would be cool ( one that works for both PC and Mac )
*USB2 or Firewire 2
*10.2!!!!
*An Apple fast food chain... ok maybe not, but im serious about the Apple Girls™
*A rev on the Apple website would be cool
*better iTools ( sorry, i mean .Mac tools )
*Major Software titles

a friend of my told me something on what she thinks might be shown, and damn i hope so!

- Apple Digital Camera or Video Camera

and 10.2 to work on my imac :rolleyes:

Hehe, this kind of Apple Girls? :D

see attachment

EDIT: PG-13 required :rolleyes:

Attachments

• jplayboyibook1024x768.jpg
    jplayboyibook1024x768.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 55
well, there may not be apple girls, per se, but a lot of the companies there hire models to hand out fliers, demo products, flirt with the geeks, etc. as somewhat of a mwny veteran, i look forward every year to the girlwatching :) lord knows that was probably the best part of last year's show.

it's a shame 3dfx isn't around anymore, they always had amazing... products.

Maybe an Apple Boy as well? Yummy. Maybe an Apple Boy and Apple Girl form a group call iTwins and make theme song for every new products? hehee... iTwins vs Steve, sure wins!

Well... A new enclosure for PowerMac is very welcome! I want Apple logo on the front panel. :) But it is unlikely to happen...

I also want to see 17" iMac! :) and it should happen!!

Back