What would you like to see in iPhoto 3?

mightyjlr

Registered
Now iPhoto 2 has 3 very useful tools for editing pictures. Enhance, red-eye and retouch. These tools work very well. While there are still instances I would use Photoshop to do these things, it is very handy to have them in iPhoto. The one thing I would like to see in iPhoto 3 is an image sticher. To be able to make panormas and QTVR movies would be awesome. What does everyone else think?

the ability for it to integrate with apache *sigh*

they make it so you can use .mac but not your own local apache webserver.

sure, you can do it the hard way, open all the photos in photoshop and shrink them down and save for web.

Hi,
I don't have a web page myself, so I might be totally wrong about this. But if you click on help in iPhoto, and then choose contents, then choose sharing and exhibiting your photos, then choose preparing photos to display on the web, it will give you instructions that may help you do that.
bob :)

if you export an iphoto album (or selection) as home page, it generates the thumbnails and index.html and everything for you. i use it all the time.

I would like to be able to order print & books....currrently only people in the U.S. & Canadan can do this.

I haven't gotten iphoto 2 yet, but I hated that there was no "hand" tool in iphoto 1. I like being able to drag the canvas around with a hand, like in photoshop.

If this has not been included in iphoto 2, then they really need to get cracking...

here's a iPhoto tip...

I have a DVD player that will display CD-Rs full of JPEG files. Put a blank CRD on your mac (make sure the mac is set up so that the finder opens blank CDs), then do a file export from iPhoto). The resulting CD-R was seen by my DVD player!

Fahrvergnuugen - iPhoto's file export will let you set a max height and width for exported images.

a decent, but simple tool for minimal resizing while retaining something near the quality of the original. a one click tool like enhancement for doing this would be great - maybe just 2 choices - 50% and 150%. of course the more resizing options the better, but i'd be happy with just those 2 to start. i'm sure there's got to be some standard algorithms that would do this.

more interactivity with iLife products such as making the photo gallery export media with imovie's, why not make a movie gallery too? for export and web publishing on your .mac account.

unless this has already been done. i only just got it.

Better storage options for the photos. I can't stand the way iPhoto buries my pictures 8 folders deep. I want it to put my photos in a folder within my Home>Pictures folder and name the folder whatever I have named the roll (Like iTunes does with artists and albums) Store all that other data and thumbnail crap wherever, just get it outta my way.

I would also like to see some sort of support for video images. Most digital camera's have the option to shoot a video clip. It would be cool if iPhoto would ask if you'd like to also transfer the video files to your Home>Movies folder.

I want to see the ability to simultaneously delete a photo from an album and from the entire photo library. As it stands now, I see a picture I no longer want in a particular album, and I delete it, but it only removes that picture from the album. I then have to peruse the entire photo library to find that one pic again and delete it as well to remove it permanently.

While I can see why you would do it this way (wouldn't want users deleting their photos by mistake), why not make some sort of key combo option that deletes the pic from the album and from the main library. apple key - delete or something like that. This is my main gripe thus far. I'm happier with the speed in iPhoto 2.0 vs. iPhoto 1.0

Word of advice, before starting up iPhoto, find the iPhoto icon in the finder and then get info on it. Go to the languages section and uncheck all languages except the one you use. Then, start iPhoto and set the default view for "no border" in preferences. This will make iPhoto tolerably faster. Any, if anyone knows of an applescript that will remove a pic from the album and the main library, please post a link.

I'd really like to see a way of editting the photo/camera info that's held in the .attr files. I can use Canon's PhotoStitch software to make great panoramic views that I can import back into iPhoto, but I can't include the info on Date of image capture, camera used, exposure etc. that's in the photo info window.

I'd like for iPhoto to add the keywords for each picture to the XML file. Adding the title and comments to an XML format was a wonderful step -- but the keyword data is still locked i nthe Library.data file, with seemingly no way to get it out. If I could get the keyword data from iPhoto, I would one the happiest of happy campers :)

Back