What would you pay for my setup?

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
So I'm thinking of buying one of those brand spanking new TiBooks (no, not the 667, just the 550). Of course, I need to scrounge up some money ($2200 without tax, to be specific). So I was wondering how much you guys would pay for my setup (see my signature). I would probably keep the Airport card, the printer, and maybe the microphone (although I think the TiBook comes with one built-in, and that's all I need). I doubt I could keep the RAM because cube RAM wouldn't fit into the TiBook. So what would you pay? I'd like to know, because I'm thinking of doing a sale on eBay or something. That new combo drive TiBook would be much better than what I have, mainly because of portability, and it even has a bigger screen than I do now! I wouldn't care much about the speakers because I usually put on headphones anyway.

So please post what you would pay.

UPDATE: Silly me, I'd be keeping the iPod too. :D Don't you try and sneak off with it!

UPDATE II: Heh, I'd be keeping the SuperDisk Drive (my mom needs it), and the TI-Graph Link (although I don't think anyone would pay much for it, anyway).

i wouldn't pay anything for that setup, but i think i have the perfect trade for you. I will trade you my iBook 500 Mhz CD-ROM 192 Mb RAM for the Cube and the display. You probably wouldnt get much for the cube anymore its kinda outdated. Then again my G3 is too. Please reply. Thanks.

-whitesaint

Put that thing on eBay. Cubes may be outdated, but they have a loyal following and now that they aren't manufactured anymore, some people may pay good money to get their hands one.

Good luck...

whitesaint: I'm looking for a TiBook. I couldn't stand the 12" screen, and I also want a combo drive. Sorry.

serpicolugnut: Yeah, I know. I figured I'd have an edge there. ;)

I wouldn't personally buy it, but not because I don't like it. I like the cube, but I have to have two monitors for my work. Other than that, it's pretty much identical to my G4 450. Also, if I go flat panel, I'm going big. Still saving for the big mama 22".

If you ask me to throw out a number, I'd say $1000 for the whole system, but you might get somebody to pay more for the novelty of the cube.

you might get better offers for your cube on ebay from places where the cube was not originally marketed so well (international).

I have thought about selling my cube but only for 1 or 2 seconds, its such a cool little unit, I'd rather save up and get _another_ computer :) I just can't part with my cube, its too fucking cool, maybe I'll put it in the kitchen or bedroom when I save up enough for a new tower.

I have a neighbour who used to own a cube, and sold it about 7 months ago. He still regrets selling it to this day.

Cubes are the ultimate casemod :D

Back