What's the BEST font management software?

dhjambo06

Registered
I'd like to hear from people about what they feel is the best font management software. As a high-end graphic designer, I rely heavily on the ability to activate and de-activate lots of different fonts. I've been using Suitcase for some years now, although I'm not convinced it's the best software out there. The problem is, there's so much hype about the alternatives, I don't know what to believe or how to make an educated choice about whether to switch or not.

Can anyone out there offer any ideas/suggestions about this? Thanks!

Dual 1.8 G5 / 2gb RAM / 250gb HD / OSX-Tiger / 22" Cinema Display

I recently ran into FontexplorerX and used it for quite a while. I can say I like it and hope Linotype will keep it free (as they say they will…). I'll stay there.

FontAgent Pro looked promising to me, but the splitting of Fontfamilies into all the faces make me crazy after a while – to much mess when I decided to use Semibold instead of Bold.

But what's the BEST? I can't wait the answers…

as sacreligeous as it sounds, i use font book. i used font explorer x for a while (6 months or so) but in the end, it's ability to turn all fonts off when you least expect it was irritating. fon't book does me. i have all my fonts in a folder, if i want one, i spotlight for it, then drop it into font book.

I'll second FontExplorerX, but I would not recommend it for a professional production environment until it becomes finalized software and no longer a beta version.

In my professional environments, I never went wrong with Suitcase X from Extensis. Other people have some pretty nasty stuff to say about Suitcase, but it's never once failed me, under OS X and all the way back to OS 9.

Back