What's your favorite band and albums?

Wilco - Summerteeth
Ryan Adams - Gold
Nada Surf - The Proximity Effect
Oasis - Definatly Maybe
Radiohead - The Bends

My favourite band for the past 8 years has always been Blur,they've been away for a while but i'm seeing them live in London next month and i can't wait.

Other bands i like are/were The Verve,Super Furry Animals,The Bluetones,Coldplay,Supergrass there are loads of others but these are probably my favourite.

Some of my fave albums are:-

Blur-Parklife
The Verve-Urban Hymns
The Bluetones-Expecting To Fly
The Stone Roses-The Stone Roses

Over the past 31/2 years i've also been heavily into electronic music mostly trance,i've been to a lot of the world famous trance clubs like Cream,Gatecrasher & Godskitchen and i love it.

Ok... No particular order here because music is very much part of my life and I just can'y pick one over the other. My favorites go in rotations so it is different week by week.

Therapy?
System Of A Down
Social Distortion
Bad Religion
NWA
Screeching Weasel
AFI
ALL
Zeke
Weezer
Toadies
Metallica (Anything before Load)

Here comes the Christian whack-job with his list:

Sonicflood
Newsboys
David Crowder Band
4Him
Audio Adrenaline
dcTalk
Passion Worship Band
Delirious?
Five Iron Frenzy
FFH
GS Megaphone
Apt. Core
Relient K
Supertones
The Katinas
Third Day
Caedmon's Call
Matt Redman
Chris Tomlin
Mercy Me
and many others.....

hmmm
Blonde redhead - melody of certain damaged lemons
Sonic youth - a thousand leaves
Yo la Tengo - and then nothing turnes itself inside out
White stripes - elephant
Velvet underground - velvet undergound
Leonard Cohen - songs of leonard cohen
Suzanne Vega - Suzanne vega
Nick Drake - Pink moon

but leonard cohen is the one artist i constantly come back to. I enjoy his books and his poetry.

I like everything and have a large collection of music, but my favorite band by FAR has got to be KoRn!! Everything else I can like, except some country and some rap

*sigh*, they made me do it (in no order):

Coldplay
Cake
Blink-182
All-American Rejects
Ninedays
Greenday
Too Long Out (Me own band)
Pedestrian
Live
Our Lady Peace
3 Doors Down
Taking Back Sunday
Sum41
Audioslave
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Incubus
The Used
Beyond the Wall
Oasis
Third Eye Blind
Nirvana
Foo Fighters (New album sucks!)
Goo Goo Dolls
Matchbox 20
Will Smith
Staind
Len
Beastie Boys
Green Light
Stern
Boxcar Racer
Smashing Pumpkins
Semisonic
The Verve
Goofball
Soul Coughing
Counting Crows
Deep Blue Something
Sunfall Festival
Breaking the Nine
Press Clutch
NOFX
Racecar
Fitch
Everclear
Bleed
What went out
Less Than Jake
Boy Hits Car
CKY

All my favorites.

While I like many forms of rock and alternative, and also electronic/trance/dance music, currently my faves are:

1. Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon
2. Tool Lateralus

I want very much to see either of these bands live.

Bands I have seen live (and who played together):

• Sevendust, Soil, Switched
• Tommy Lee (met him), Oleander, Nonpoint, Local H, Drowning Pool was supposed to be there but Dave Williams died right before the concert, several others

I have been to other concerts, but I don't have time to list them right now.

Not necessarily a list of my "favorite" bands, but those which I listen to very often. :)

Bad Religion
Incubus
Dave Matthews Band
Foo Fighters
Fuel
Godsmack
Lenny Kravitz
Linkin Park

- G!mpy

Awww man! This CD just came out a few days ago and it's probably the best CD i've heard in a long while! YOU NEED TO GO GET THIS!

It's Third Eye Blind's "Out of the Vein". Link: http://www.3eb.com

third eye blind is tight i should get their new cd...
their old one is a classic - ive had it forever, it was one of the first ones i ever bought.
i could list all my favorites, but i would be better off just saying that i love music almost no matter what, and with enough variety i can listen to almost anything. too much of one thing and i get bored, so i have a smart playlist in iTunes that loads 500 random tracks from my library (out of almost 2500) and i just listen to that and don't hear the same thing too much.

For my own, I just discovered X-Press 2, album "Muzikizum". Saw David Byrnes in the tracklisting, that's why it caught my eye.

The album is a pure jewel, and the song feat. Byrnes is one of the best thing I've heard this year.

i'm currently completely obsessed with Godsmack's latest record "Faceless". i can't survive a single day without listening to the whole thing at least 3-5 times. :)

Compared to what's already here, I don't think I will be adding much, but here's the way I see it....

Metallica-----favorite band
Master of Puppests----favorite Metal Album
Appetite for Destruction----Greatest rock album of all time (just my opinion)
Foo Fighters----Infinitly better than Nirvana ever dreamed of being (Grohl was just being held back!)

Other stuff I listen to a lot:
Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
Blind Melon
Pink Floyd----quite a bit lately
Guns N Roses
Jimi Hendrix----learning to like it
Bruce Springsteen
...and some other stuff

Smaller stuff that most people haven't heard of:
Small Orange Relationship
Melissa Kreye
Mason Jennings

The stuff most people are surprised I listen too:
Enya-----lots of Enya (the best remedy for a high strung dude)
Mike Oldfield-----I firmly believe he experimented in tons of drugs in the 60's and 70's....and I thank him for putting his trips out for the rest of us to enjoy too
Vangelis-----screw 'Here Comes the Bride' My wife and I got married to his music

That's about it I guess....Of course I listen to lots of other stuff....with 3340 songs in my iTunes library, I'm obviously not too picky!

Later,
Vard

Back