What's Your Favorite Disc Burning Software, And Why?

FlashMac

Registered
Hello

I was wondering what people prefer to use to burn CDs and DVDs.

I've never really liked the Finder disc burning function and have found its not always foolproof when you are sending discs to PC users.

Personally I've always used Roxio Toast and have never had a problem with it, but I'm aware that some people don't like it - why is that?

I like the option to burn for Mac or PC or both, the choice of burning speeds (useful if you are sending to a user of a clunky old laptop or similar) and other little doodads. I have used version 6 for years, just upgraded to 8.

Do you use something different, and if so why?
Do you hate Toast, and if so why?

Mac OS X.
I've used toast before, but I lost the copy so now i'm stuck with just the plain ole Mac OS X

Toast. I got in the habit of using it in OS 9, stuck with it back when OS X's disc burning had serious drawbacks (like not being able to put more than 660MB of data on a 700MB disc), and I've never really looked back. I don't think I've tried Apple's disc burner in years. And I'm not compelled to, because Toast is just a really solid product.

Toast. I got in the habit of using it in OS 9, stuck with it back when OS X's disc burning had serious drawbacks (like not being able to put more than 660MB of data on a 700MB disc), and I've never really looked back. I don't think I've tried Apple's disc burner in years. And I'm not compelled to, because Toast is just a really solid product.

ditto. Toast just works.

Well, I hate Toast for being nowhere close in its estimates of time. Why not just put in a % meter, instead? But in MacOS X, I use Toast. Too convenient, mostly works, no major complaint.

When I'm using Linux, I use K3b. Most of the convenience of Toast, but also a lot of nifty features such as CD Text and an easy interface for managing multiple CD/DVD burning projects at once.

In Windows, Toast is bloated and slow (or was last I checked), so I use other programs like Nero.

Many thanks for your replies! I'll stick with Toast then. I was looking at multiple seat licenses and my feeling was Toast but I like to get another view if I can.

Back