Whats your fps on MOH:spearhead

THEMACER

Registered
I play MOH every now and then and was wondering whats usually your fps. I think mine is way too low, and at 800x600 at most stuff at low. I get about 10-15 fps with a agp radeon 8500,g4 400mhz, and 1.2gb of ram. I have no progs open either. Does haveing 2 monitors connected at the same time(the other displaying my desktop) affect it at all?

On my iMac (see stats below) MOH (not spearhead, but they should both use comparable resources) and as for fps im sure that I didn't get above 5-10... My video card is a puny 16MB Rage 128 Pro, and I only have 256MB of ram. It was basically unplayable.

Thanks for moving it sorry. Ok i just tried putting and out everything on high with 1028x768 and get a really nice looking game. With everything on high i get 10.5 fps. So why do i get so low when i have everything on low?

I heard that if you're using dual monitors, that the VRAM basically divides itself in half...so if you have 2 monitors, and 32MB of VideoRam, you only effectively get 16MB per monitor.

It's not a hardware problem.
It's a porting problem ... the mac version is bad.

I have a dual 1GHz, 1,5 GB Ram DDR 333, GeForce4 Ti 128MB DDR and the game is slow.

In singleplayer there are some maps in which my FPS are 5-7...:mad:

Multiplayer is better, but not really good.

This is the best game in the world and I have to play in these conditions with my mac?!?!?

The developers says that the game uses the same 3D engine as Quake 3, but Quake 3 on my machine is really fast. They extremely modified Q3 engine and also in PC version the gameplay is slow, but not as in mac version.
Return To Castle Wolfenstein use really Q3 engine and, as a a matter of fact, the gameplay is fast.

I'd like to think that an update could improve the game, but i know that it's impossible. They should rewrite 3D engine code ...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree 3mors they should, my system requirements exceed theirs and yet my fps is ridiculously low. too low to play! even at lowest settings!

I gave up on Games for Mac. I went out and got a barebones PC with AMD Athlon XP 2100+ and a Gforce3 all for under 300 bucks. Games fly on this thing. Framerates for spearheadconsistently hit over 100 FPS at 1024X768 32bit.

Back