What's your most treasured bit-o-hardware?

themacko

Barking at the moon.
It can be anything but your Mac itself. It can be a digital camera, printer, mouse, ANYTHING that connects to or works with your Mac.

My personal favorite is my Canon S100 digital camera. It's a couple years old and is definately worn, but ban it can take some fantastic pictures and is small enough to be carried anywhere! I love comming home from a weekend excursion and the first thing I do, before I even unpack or (sometimes) even shower, is plug my camera in and download the images into iPhoto.

my wacom graphire2 - i often wonder what i did without it.

i also like my cheap little digital camera a lot, but it doesn't get used everyday like the graphire tablet.

either my nikon coolpix 5000 or epson 1280 printer

hmm

or my new ibook, since my g4 is "my mac" ;)

MY Windows XP gaming rig... lol
it connects to my mac... FTP, and SMB....

I think my S200 is the coolest... Great little camera...

my kinesis contoured ergonomic keyboard. I put a picture up, cause it's a weird looking critter.

Attachments

• classicsml.jpg
    classicsml.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 92
Without a question, my AudioTron. This thing has totally changed my music listening habbits. All 800+ of my CDs are now instantly accessable, either song by song, or via what I like to call "super-mega-random." Sleek, stylish, convenient, and sounds friggin great on my stereo rig.

-alex.

It has to be my pioneer stereo amplifier SA-6300 with the pioneer stereo cassette tape deck and pioneer stereo tuner. brushed steel, i think they are from either the seventies or early eighties. have them connected to my eMac, and stupid people who have not seen an iMac or eMac before think that they are the computer :). to the pioneer-kit i have six 50w speakers (my apartment is only 35m2 so it's pretty much) :D

I like my Netgear router and wireless access point. AirPort eat your heart out! :p

$200 less and it does twice as much.

Without any question, the iPod is IT !

It being useful for enjoyment and file transfer for work !

never spend a day without one !

Well,. it's not really mine... it's on the iMac at school in the photography studio, but it's the Nickon CoolScan film scanner, and teh Epson 1290 printer.

My plain, old-fashioned 100Mb ZIP drive. It allows me to backup data, transfer data between my iBook and my iMac, take files with me wherever I go. I have an older IXLA digital camera for which I can find no driver for OS X; so I download the pictures to my iBook (which still runs 9.2) and transfer them to iPhoto on my iMac using a ZIP disk. The ZIP drive is a work horse for my everyday needs, and I don't have to think about it. It is just there and I use it.

With all my $$$ junk, I have to say my logitech 2 button cordless mouse is what I appreciate the most every time I use my Mac.

Although it's my iPod, I also have to mention the piece of hardware I take for granted: My cheap-o $16 IBM Optical Scroll mouse. 2 buttons and a wheel. Macs may come with one button for simplicity, but once you become a power user, you need more power at your fingertips... literally.

My AKG k240m headphones. After using them for awhile then trying to listen to my stereo with the speakers, speakers got thrown right out the window.

its small but its the handiest thing I own. One of my best friends got it for me for my b-day. A 32MB flashdrive has made things around school 100 times easier.

I have a new g4 DP 867 and of course no floppy drive (which i've never regretted). However, I did miss the versatility of a 1.4MB floppy disk for portability to computer labs to print. However with this thumbdrive, things are going great.

I love it. And now it is very easy for we to transfer essential files from school to home or whereever I travel

Like BuddaBob I have "my Mac" which is the G4 I do all my work and stuff on, but love my PDQ PowerBook - rescued from someone with NO idea what he was doing, it was battered and near death, but it's been revitalised, upgraded and customised with a rather fetching platinum paint job. I don't do any practical work on it, and don't really need it at all, but I love having it and occasionally take it with me to work, just to sit on my desk, looking pretty and occasionally downloading stuff. I use it at home for chatting and surfing while doing real work on the G4. An easy life for a G3/300 but in total its cost me under 250UKP so well worth it.

Hmm... best bit of hardware has nothing to do with my setup.

Well it used to be my iPod still has posing value tho but i've discovered something much lighter!

It's Sonys' Network Walkman NW-MS11
with 128Mb Memory Stick (holds almost 4 hours of skip free music, each memory stick weight in around 5 grams)

Every morning it's in my pocket attached to my doorkey as i go for a early bird stroll through the park. I love 'cause it's feather weight, has no moving parts and 30min charge gives me 10 hours of life.

Downside: No Mac support yet :(
WHY NOT?!?

Back