When is a ....?

markceltic

Apple Addicted
When is a "newb" no longer considered a "newb"? Does one have to endure some ritual or ceremony conducted by ones peers to be able to climb further up the tree? Or is it just simply a matter of time?

Once you donate a G5 to one of the Mods here, you're no longer considered a noob :)

This is the ranking system for the Mac OS X community.

n00b
newb
newb
noobie
grunt
improvin' noob
improvin' n00b
better n00b (requires about 300 posts and a fountain of knowledge)
half way there n00b
noobalator
mr n00b
mrs n00b
Da noob.
newbie.

THEN you're onto the real ranking system.

Or you could just donate a G5.

i'm pretty new. i've help out others though. i have a decent (and growing) knowledge of the MacOSX system, and i really like it when i *can* help someone. it's becoming more often

i have been known to spout a lot of (mostly uninformed) rubbish in these here forums.... but again - i'm getting better. i'm only 20 after all.

i'm not donating my g5 though. not for a good few years :p

That rule wasn't in effect when I was a noob. Besides, computers ran on Diesel back then :)

Diesel? Ya newbie! Any real computer user still has a sewing kit around, to mend the sails on the windmill.

shoot... does that mean my super innovative hamster-wheel-to-body-heat extractor is sure to be a flop?? (sigh) dagnabbit!!

Windmill?? Fah, who needs something that new? A water wheel is much better for this sort of thing, I'm tellin' ya.

I remember that when I was a newbie, back in the cave days, we had to bang the rocks together to get sparks. I think it was called "Fire" or something.

We also used to program in low-level language, like so:
grunt
Ugh:ugh..ung.pha!!
GrrrrrRRRrrr.
REDO Grunt!

It was a lot less complicated, but a lot less effective, than today's languages.

Meanwhile while I'll try to get this thread back on track.Would a guy have to recite the timeline of the history of Apple? How about being able to type terminal commands blindfolded? Be that good & I think everyone would probably be in awe of ya'! :D

Ran on diesel? I thought they were water powered? If you opened up the machine, you saw a little wheel spinning around. Perhaps they'll bring that back with these new water cooling systems.

Back