When is the next OSX update?

We know that Apple is working on a patch for Mac OS X... Including bugs fix...

But no released yet...
I think that apple doesn't want to release the Patch until the official release of Mac OS X 1.0

Bart...

Apple has too much to lose with OS X. It would only be damage to them to not supply some updates for OS X. I don't think they will be a lot of major stuff. I would suspect bug fixes, and a couple things that finally have hardware acceleration on, and possibly a couple new features. I wouldn't expect one anytime soon, though. It has only been about a month since the release. I wouldn't expect an update for at least a month or two.

I'd expect an update with bug-fixes and new features for the Macworld Expo in January.That way they still have several months to improve on things before the Spring release.

Software Update, keeps telling me "Servers are busy, try again later" ... Humm ... "Wink, Wink"

It's been publicly stated by Apple employees on the public MRJ mailing list that there are major updates for the Java layer of Mac OS X that just barely missed being included in the public beta.

There is a strong desire by the development team to get these fixes out to the users of the public beta but they describe this as a "difficult" proposition because the Java code is integrated at such a low level.

There are many fixes that people are waiting for: Ethernet settings that aren't in the kernel and don't require a reboot to take effect, robust AirPort support, Java 1.3 virtual machine, faster message passing, better graphics performance, heck even improvements to the software auto-update feature itself. Some of these sound like they'll need to have a CD-ROM update.

Unfortunately, I think that Apple is unlikely to go through the hassle and expense of a CD updater with the "final" release so close. And if these "itchy" bugs aren't squashed by Apple, why would they bother fixing the little things that no one notices. All they'll hear in response is "You fixed problems V, W, X, and Y! Why didn't you fix Z?"

Bug fixing the public beta is a no-win situation for Apple.

http://www.macosrumors.com is reporting that Apple is preparing a rather large update to the Public beta. Check it out!

Originally posted by budncal
I'd expect an update with bug-fixes and new features for the Macworld Expo in January.That way they still have several months to improve on things before the Spring release.

Members of the developer program just received a minor update. No docs on what was changed.

what do you mean by minor update? Where is it availabe? AFAIK, there is only the release of the PB with some more languages added (Spanish, for example) that has been just sent to devs.

As far as anything else, there could be an update, but not very much, to save all the fanfare for a public announcement and the final version.

my 2 cents-

dani++

We just received the CDs today. Like I said there was no documentation. When I ran the installer it said it was updating the kernal plus a few other pieces. Did it do anything significant? Not that I can tell.

Back