when will QUAKE be made for OSX

LoadRunner2 said:
Some programer in japan made an os x app for q2 q1

Actually, he's from Germany. I helped it out a bit with some input code since he didn't have a mouse with a scrollwheel at the time.

I think Omni did the Rhapsody ports of the id games.

I think Brad Oliver ported Heretic to Classic (that port helped him get into Westlake Interactive). I believe DoomLegacy has limited support for it. Hexen was an official release for Classic. I haven't seen anything about an OS X port of it.

WHATTT!? Heretic and Hexen?? Gimme!!! Sin sucked ass. Was slow as hell and crappy. Also, a mac store my friend works at has Unreal 1 for like $5. Is there an OS X app or whatever to run it?

a2daj said:
I think Omni did the Rhapsody ports of the id games..
Omni Group worked on the Quake II and III ports for Rhapsody (and the latest versions are on their FTP site), but the Doom and Heretic ports were done by Eric Peyton based on the NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP ports of Doom by Omni Group.

I got the feeling that John Carmack still played a part in the Quake II and III ports as he was a Rhapsody user and worked on the debugging of them with the Omni Group.

Also the very first Mac OS X version of Quake III Arena (for Mac OS X Developer Preview 4 and Public Beta) was done by the Omni Group also. It was just after the release of Mac OS X v10.0 that Id Software took it back in-house (most likely so they could sell the engine to other game developers).

If DoomLegacy supports Heretic that would be very cool. DoomLegacy has given the Doom games a wonderful facelift! Specially the OpenGL effects.

Back