Where are you getting your cover art?

Rhino_G3

Registered
Just out of curiosity where are all of you finding your cover art. I used to have a few bookmarked although I can't seem to find them?

Any good sites you can fill the rest of us in on?

I get mine from Amazon.com. Just find the CD you want on there, then when you are in the details page, click on the link under the actual cover art that says "click to enlarge" and save the file. All you have to do then is select all the songs in that album (it doesn't apply the picture to all the songs if you just select one of the songs), and drag the picture you saved onto the cover art area and you're set :)

Oh, and does anyone know how to delete a cover art from a file? Or where they are stored? Thanks :)

So... I had already ripped an album, right? Then, I selected all the tracks of that album in iTunes, added the cover art to all of them... and after processing, the first MP3 track of that album grew by 200k.... crazy, eh? But nothing else changed.

yeah. amazon rules! i don't care about that 200KB size because i have already saved 1MB from MP3 196 > AAC 128 :)

Originally posted by tkdragon
Oh, and does anyone know how to delete a cover art from a file? Or where they are stored? Thanks :)

Best I can tell the art is stored in the ID3 tags. If you select a song (or album for that matter) and get info on it there is an Artwork field. That's how I've been adding the artwork for my albums. Never thought of the obvious method of dragging the pic to the artwork well in the main iTunes window :rolleyes:. That's classic me, always over-thinking things.

That would probably explain why the song sizes changed, adambyte

cheers

I go to http://www.cduniverse.com/ . Its set up like the old cdnow.com, and it has coverart that fits perfectly into the Album pane in iTunes. Open a Safari window and size it to only take up half of the screen. Open iTunes and put it next to the Safari window. You can drag the coverart out of Safari and into the album pane in iTunes without saving it to your computer! Works like a charm.
-Doofy

ddma - how did you convert your mp3 to aac? did you go back to the original cd's? I was wondering if there was a way to convert mp3 directly to aac...
by the way is there a way to have itunes download the album cover when you rip a normal cd? something like that would own. or a library wide cover art download... there are applications that can download cover art, making itunes do it would be awesome!

Thanks for all the replies. There seems to be a site that is head and shoulders above the rest.

On a side note... I'm fairly disappointed that itunes doesn't automatically download the cover art for you. I have a widget called itunesy that automatically downloads a fairly large (128x128) copy and displays it in it's own window.

OK. I'm stupid. Which version of iTunes does this? I've got 3.0.1. Did I miss a software update?

Please don't flame me. I already said I'm stupid.

Edit: I figured it out. Man! I hate not having internet access for 4 whole days. You miss so much! Gotta download that when I get home!

Just for those lazy few among us... if you have konfabulator download a widget called itunesy from www.konfabulator.com

It automaticaly pulls the large image from amazon. if you view package contents of the widget there is a resources folder. Open this up and then open up the cache folder inside of it. You should see a picture called "myWebImage"

This is the current album being shown in the widget. All you have to do is play one of the tracks from the CD in iTunes. After that just drag from the Finder into iTunes :D

By the way, Synergy does this now as well (if you set it to). It'll download the album art of the currently playing track (if it can find it on Amazon) and store it in ~/Libary/Application Support/Synergy/Album Covers/ I've actually already got a sizeable collection of cover art, so i've spent most of my time since downloading iTunes 4 putting my cover art in there.

There is a program out called "Clutter" that works great for getting album art. Just play thee track and "Clutter" will get the album art from amazon. Then you simply option drag from the clutter window to the itunes window, and your done!

"Clutter" is a pretty kewl program, besides making artwork downloads a snap, Clutter will display tiny icon images of your album cover art on your desktop that you can right-click on and select any track from that album to be played in itunes.

Head over to versiontracker.com to download it.

You can also actually get the art from the iTunes store, via a browser-query. I've posted it here
(Scroll down a bit)

Originally posted by Cat
You can also actually get the art from the iTunes store, via a browser-query. I've posted it here
(Scroll down a bit)

Awesome! This is exactly what I was wanting to do.

Now all I have to do is creating a referal page in Cold Fusion :D

Edit: whenever trying to do this is it is downloading a file named "advancedSearchResults" that at first I figured would be the search results in standard HTML. When opening it up I was greeted with a ton of unreadable text.

Anybody have any clue why this is happening?

The file is in XML IIRC. I got the best results displaying it in links (text browser), which doesn't download the file, but displays it very nicely. IMHO you can open the xml file also in BBedit and search for the the image URL (e.g. look for Http or .jpg ).

actualy what I was downloading apeared to be a binary file (a ton of control characters and jibberish), I can guarantee that it wasn't XML. I guess I'll just have to try it again later.

Back