where can I buy a mouse?

jsn

Registered
hi all,

I would like to buy a regular mouse for mac, like the old ones, with a button that allows children to press it, the standard mouse from apple is very complicate to use for a child.

thanks
jsn

I think Kensington makes one for the Mac with only one button. They used to sell Mac mouses from way back. However, I think that mostof the mouses they sell now have two buttons, but I could be wrong.

To be honest, it shouldn't be that hard. My son has been able to use the Apple mouse without any problems and he's 4. Not that every kid should be able to do this, but it's possible.

What I did at first is to get him used to a trackball mouse. He was able to move the mouse around using the trackball and then pushing the buttons above to click on something. Once he understood the concept, he eventually moved on to a mouse and got quite adept at it.

Or you could buy a Mighty Mouse and set the buttons to "off" or "one click". Then as you get more proficient you can turn on the ones you want.

Unless you're talking about an old computer and need an ADB mouse? Macally do a single button one.

Or you could buy a Mighty Mouse and set the buttons to "off" or "one click". Then as you get more proficient you can turn on the ones you want.

Unless you're talking about an old computer and need an ADB mouse? Macally do a single button one.

Yeah, but you're still dealing with the design of Apple's Pro Mouse which is the problem the original poster was having. Jsn is looking for a mouse that has a distinguishable mouse button. Again, my 4 year old son doesn't have a problem with it, but that's him (he's been using computers for a while now).

Back