Where can I d/l this thing?

vanguard

Registered
Friends,

The ftp sites seem to have gone up and down in a few hours. Does anybody know where I can d/l 10.1?

Vanguard

Ok, I've been searching for almost two hours now and I still can't find anything. This is terrible. I come from a Linux background and our distributions work FAR more smoothly. (They are at least as large so I don't want to hear that it's impossible.)

Even if Apple decided to distribute purely through retailers just to get them some foot traffic they shouldn't have fscked up the delivery to the stores. You just can't get it in my area.

I'm bummed. Apple sucks. Apple is stupid. I've never seen a distribution of something so simple (like a cd) so screwed up. My iBook still has 10.0.4.

Our distributor over here in NZ is selling the CD for $29.95 (NZ dollars) - (about $60-$65 US) - So much for free! I was under the impression that if you went to an Apple dealer they would give it to you - Apple claims you only pay for the shipping if it is sent out!!

<rant mode : engaged>
Why oh why can't they make the update downloadable!! Apple's really losing the plot, and it's starting to really piss me off - making software incompatible after a particular time or update, and then making us wait for months on end for the release to come out/get here is frustrating, and when your attempting to run a large scale educational system, you can't afford to have your workstations or servers screwed up for months on end, while Apple takes flippin ages and doesn't even have the decency to tell you when it will be coming out!!!!! arrrrgh! i could go on but i'm sure everyone understands....
<rant mode : end>

i guess i'll just have to comb the pirate servers till i find it.... gee thanks again Apple!

with the update. PM (personal message) me on macosx.com for the access info. See also my thread on this site.

Alex

Originally posted by emh_alpha1
Our distributor over here in NZ is selling the CD for $29.95 (NZ dollars) - (about $60-$65 US) - So much for free! I was under the impression that if you went to an Apple dealer they would give it to you - Apple claims you only pay for the shipping if it is sent out!!

What?? I don't know where you're getting your exchange rates from, but I think you'll find that $29.95 NZ dollars is only around $12 US, so you're getting the update for roughly half the price that Americans pay for shipping. Your dealer should not be charging you anything for the update CD though if they are not shipping it to you. I would also be surprised if your dealer actually had any copies yet, because no dealers in Sydney have any copies yet and Sydney is where all the CDs for Aust/NZ are being shipped from as far as I know.

I suggest you call the Apple Store in Australia and order it from them (you will have to pay the $29.95 for shipping though). I expect to get my copy tomorrow. Today is a public holiday in NSW, so you may not be able to order it from Apple Australia until tomorrow.

Yeah okay so i got the exchange rate wrong - i've been up since 4 - i'm a bit bleary :)

But still we're always being shafted by our dealer over here - they consistently run the prices of everything up way to high! Frankly the update is supposed to be free and that's what i expect.

Anyway - it'll probably take us a few months to get it - took 4 months to get OSX Server here after it was released in the US.

Back