where did all my thumbnails go???

severn photo

Registered
In windows.....a folder of pictures could be converted to a thumbnail view and all my pictures would show up. So far, the best i can find on my mac is a thumbnail view that just shows a generic icon. How do i view my pictures as actual thumbnails in a folder?

hey severn,

Yes, there is a way. The instructions below are for OS X Tiger 10.4.3. It may be different for earlier versions (dont think so though?). Post back here if you have any problems.

When in a folder with photos in it, first click on the icon view button (3rd from the left, to the right of the Right Arrow at the upper-left of the Finder window). Sounds like you've done this already.

Go to View > Show View Options (or press Command + J)

In the small window that pops up, check the box "Show Icon Preview". You can also change the size of the thumbnail image here.

If you want this to apply to all folders, ensure the Radio Button at the top is checked that is labelled "All Windows".

:D

also make sure you have the icons set to full 128x128. this actually works better than windows thumnail view, as all icons are increased to their full 128x128 potential. set also to "all folders"

i have icon view reserved purely for 128x128 thumbnail previews, with coulmn for quick navigation, and list for more detail.

Back