Where do you Think Different

I noticed some of you have cinema displays. I've been thinking of taking the leap. Any concerns? Have they resolved the original dead pixels issue? Is it smooth for editing video? Is it front heavy, any risk of tilting forward? Fairly color accurate for LCD? Would you play a game on it, or is "blurry" with fast motion?

I think different on the toilet with my PowerBook G4 and Airport!! Gotta love Apple :D I'll spare you the picture, unless you REALLY want to see:cool:

Originally posted by mindbend
I noticed some of you have cinema displays. I've been thinking of taking the leap. Any concerns? Have they resolved the original dead pixels issue?

I am using mine for nearly a year now. I got three dead pixels in the very first week, and since then, no more! One of them as kind of anoying since I know where he is (others don't notice him), the other two are close to the edge, so they I don't care. A friend of mine has a Cinema Display for nearly two years and he has not even one dead pixel. Oh, and you know, five dead pixels and Apple refurbishes it for you ;)

Is it smooth for editing video?

It's a dream

Is it front heavy, any risk of tilting forward?

No, I had the same concern at the beginning, because I also have a cat which could lean against the display from behind when I am not on my desk, so I always tilted it as much as you can when I was not at home but I don't do that anymore. Seriously, I'd say my 17'' Studios Display is a bit more "instable." So, no, no risk of tilting forward!

Fairly color accurate for LCD?

I haven't had many LCDs till now, just this, a 17'' Studio Display, an iBook and an old PC notebook. Considering the fact that Samsung (who makes the displays) and Apple have won prices for the quality of the LCDs, I'd say it is one of the best LCDs when it comes to colors.

Would you play a game on it, or is "blurry" with fast motion?

I play games on it! Quake 1/2/3, Deus Ex, Alien vs Predator, and everything is great. It's far away from what LCDs used to be where you could see the "shadows" of a quick movement.

Make the leap. You won't regret it!

I am also unable to view the QTVR. I doesn't load. Are you maybe checking either the browser or the Quicktime version? Maybe there is the problem...

MARVEL at the wonder that is.... my home work area!
(hey cinema display users .. how much trouble would I have fitting my cinema display where my monitor is now ? :p)

Attachments

• desk3b.jpg
    desk3b.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 24
I challenge anybody to have a messier desk than me right now. I have been cleaning the entire room around it but this has only made it worse. soon (i hope) i will get back to looking more like albert's mess, but for now it is like this. of course you can't see the coffee mug/pencil holder that says "please don't straighten out the mess on my desk. you'll confuse me and screw my whole world up".:D

Attachments

• mydesk2.jpg
    mydesk2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 22
Back