Where does ARD reside on the client computer?

baba

Registered
I have always had a few problems with this app, but it seems to be working better since the 3.1 update. I upgraded the iBook with the admin and upgraded the client remotely, but I'm not sure what happened. I found this on the iMac, and wondered if it looks OK. I can connect, but I thought I needed the application on my client computer, and I can't find one.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 11
In Mac OS X 10.4.x it is located in
[hd]/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent

In 10.3 it's on a different location if I remember right..

Thanks. I sse where it lives. Now I need to know when it connects, it does so with 'VNC on' instaed of avaiable, which doesn't let me exchange files etc, between computers?
Client

Check in you System Preferences > Sharing pane if the remote desktop is on on the client machine. It will need to have specified for which user it is enabled. If the user for ARD hasn't been specified, it could show as vnc.

Thanks for the reply. I went to System Preferences/Sharing and ARD is enabled, but I can't click the 'Access Privileges' button. It highlights blue but nothing happens.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
Click on the lock symbol first - that will ask your password. Then the access privileges should become accessible.

Back