Where is the Power button on the new iMac?

ddma

The Most Stupid Member
Just wonder where is the Power button located on the new iMac? I just can't find it on the pictures as long as I haven't seen a real product in Hong Kong!

the power button is on the back with all the connectors/ports

unusual place for apple to put it, but I think with OS X they basically want you to power it up and leave it up - just putting it to sleep instead of powering off...

I've read people complaining that the power button on the cube was too easy to hit. Maybe they are responding to that?

Also, I bet you're on the right track with the "leave OSX running" thing.

Vanguard

No, the package it is delivered in has solar cells on it and it comes already running.

Just kidding...

its a new version of speech recognition. it will turn on the imac whenever the user sais "f*ck windoze"

Utter nonsense. It uses the power of the moons gravitational field to detect the alpha waves in your brain. All you have to do is think about it.

Trully, though, it is on the back, left side (looking from where you would sit) about an inch from the connector ports. The idea being that, yes, there is no need to use it except to fire it up when you first plug it in.

Originally posted by ulrik
Admin, ksuther is threatening me!!!

:D :D :p :D :D :p :D :D

ksuther wasn't THREATENING you. ksuther was saying "You just wait" as in "You just wait a few years and they probably WILL start making Solar Powered Macs." See? Now Threatening.

Back