Where is www.macosrumors.com?

hulkaros

The Incredible...
For the last 2, 3 maybe 4 days I don't have access to:
http://www.macosrumors.com/

Has anyone else noticed it? If so, what gives? At least for me it was an nice site which I was visiting regular and most of the time their rumors were correct or at least very close to the facts!

I hope they will solve their problems and be back at no time cause I really miss them :(

At least www.thinksecret.com is still with us :rolleyes:

MOSR has had more domain issues over the years than any other site I can think of (maybe Apple has a deal with their upstream provider ;) ). You'll find that they have something like 90% uptime, so get used to it (of course, that was supposed to be fixed).

The two web sites are mutually exclusive. MasOSRumors talks about Rumors on the whole Apple front. MacOSXRumors talks about Mac OS X upcoming features in developer releases.
Zeff Wheelock

Taken from MOSR's website 7-26-2002
The usual delays in Verisign's domain name renewal process have caused macosrumors.com to fail to properly resolve for some readers; this should not continue beyond the weekend. In the interim, please visit us using http://mosr.com/ and email us at rumors@mosr.com.
They seem to be up and running for now…

Originally posted by timdorr
I can't get there as of today :/

Maybe the DNS needs time to propigate :)

Seeing that the last message was posted 6 months ago, I certainly hope it has propagated since then :D :D

Zeff Wheelock

Originally posted by 90X Double Side
MOSR has had more domain issues over the years than any other site I can think of (maybe Apple has a deal with their upstream provider ;) ). You'll find that they have something like 90% uptime, so get used to it (of course, that was supposed to be fixed).

...you were right about the "maybe Apple has a deal with their upstream provider ;)"

Because in the past few days (maybe up to week or so) and as of today, www.macosrumors.com is nowhere to be found!?

;)

Apple really rulez :D

It's not up for me yet... anyone know the IP ?

And it seems to me that they dropped mosr.com a while ago...

I don't think so... They're often "down"...

I think they had recently announced that the mosr.com domain would be abandonned. Maybe they're changing domain name registar to reduce costs.

Originally posted by macosXrumors
Maybe they're changing domain name registar to reduce costs.

And to reduce DN hassles. I'd strongly advise them to change registrar...if they manage to get their domain out of Networksolutions "grip" :D
I've experience with various registrars (including moving domains from one registrar to another) and nothing gets even anywhere close to the treatment you get at Networksolutions :mad:

gatorparrots% host macosrumors.com
macosrumors.com has address 199.105.116.91
macosrumors.com mail is handled (pri=20) by mail.macosrumors.com

Back