where to find printer setup utility?

Hi dlbk,
The problem we have with helping you on this is 2 fold:
1.)
Code:
Your machine came with 10.2.8. 
You are running 10.3.9. Version 10.3 was a payed upgrade. 
You cannot download an upgrade from 10.2.anything to 10.3. 
You have to buy that upgrade. 
A combo update will not upgrade your 10.2.x OS to 
10.3.anything. It just does not work that way.

2.)
Code:
At this point, you might be best served to get the best 
public price you can find for OS X 10.4, from a reputable 
store/vendor. 
Then, do an archive install -- keeping user accounts. 
Then you'll have a valid modern OS installer that will serve 
you well for some time to come (or until you just gotta have 
leopard ;) )

Before you go out and buy the 10.4 software, do you know which specific model Mac you have?

Hi -

Thanks for your thoughts - I sincerely appreciate everyone's help. I've been terribly frustrated that I can't find this printer setup utility.

I checked last night when I got home and (clicking on the blue apple) - it says I'm running version 10.3.9. I'm confused as to how that download worked (or maybe it really didn't even though it says I'm running 10.3.9??). Maybe I've created a conflict at this point. Visually, things look the same - I don't know if the 10.3.9 version update would be obviously different from 10.2.8? :confused:
In any event, your suggestion to buy 10.4 is a good one. I should have asked for it for Christmas. :)

As for the specific model - it's a power G4 iMac. It was a Christmas gift 3 years ago.

At this point, does it seem possible for the short term (until I can get 10.4) to locate the printer setup utility, or should I forget about trying to get my Christmas things printed? I'm still hoping for a miracle. :)

Thanks,
Deb

Hi Bob -

You're an ::angel:: - thanks for everything.

I'll order Tiger - will I need to uninstall the 10.3.9 I installed earlier?

Thanks also for the PSU. Best Christmas gif I could have asked for. :cool:

Deb

ps - are you a cowboy in real life? Every time I see your avatar, it reminds of Festus, the Marshall from Gunsmoke. :D

If it were me, I would reformat the drive (completely erase) then install Tiger fresh since you don't know how you got 10.3.9 installed. You may be missing other files.

You would have to backup anything you want to keep before doing this. otherwise you can do an Archive & Install.

I've sent an email with the Utility to you.

I was a cowboy up until about 1891 when I got my first Mac, then gave up horses :)

1891 eh? That means you're just a few years older than me. :)
Explains why you have all the answers.
Many thanks.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all.

Also, why he knows so much about Macs. Having had almost a century time to learn about a computer only invented in 1983 or 1984. ;)

Back